Atalanta V12

Guest MikeWilliamsUK

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

I saw in a UK magazine today a passing mention of Atalanta cars (UK made) fitted with the Zephyr engine. Does anyone know about these? Anyone know of a web site I can read about them? It looked a small car, so the engine must have been a tight fit.

Mike

Thanks Dee. Pity the photo of the engine compartment shows the car without the engine!

Mike

Maybe you or someone could get Mr. Wheeler to post a picture of this car with it's V12 engine? It looks like he's in the UK and maybe he still owns the car? Like your Jensen this is an interesting rig. How are you doing with your car restoration?

Good idea Dee - I will contact him. The Jensen is coming on slowly thank you but its not nice working on it at this time of the year. The engine is back in place and the drive train all togather except for a couple of odd bolts and splitpins. No ancilaries done yet, then there's bumpers, lights, entire interior before stripping parts off it again for paint (bare alloy at present), re-wire from scratch, trim... another year at least!

I'll post any progress with the Atalanta. Has this appeared in TWOTZ in the past at all?

I have the 1939 Atalanta drophead 4 seater sports coupe with Lincoln Zephyr V12 side valve. The car is 16'5" long and weighs 1.5 tons. Atalanta Motors of Staines, Middlesex, England produced a total of 23 cars before WWII put them out of car manufacture but only 7 V12's were built. Mine is the only 4 seater coupe. If you are interested in the marque, then please email me and I will gladly send photos & info. Not sure if this page lists my email so here it is: dealwithkeith@aol.com. Put ATALANTA in the subject line so that I don't delete it as spam. Regards Keith Wheeler, Edenbridge, England.