Howard's favorite food

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Krispy Kreme Stores North America, which operates 172 doughnut stores in 28 states, said its president, Margaret Urquhart, has resigned. No reason was given. Ms. Urquhart, who joined the company as chief operating officer a year ago, will continue to be a consultant for the company. Scott Livengood, the company's chairman and chief executive, assumes her title and responsibilities until a replacement is found. The company's stock fell $2.50, to $78.13. (AP) from the NY Times<p>[This message has been edited by SalG (edited 12-13-2000).]

Her compensation package may not have included free donuts. That is reason enough to quit! smile.gifsmile.gif <P>Don't care what happens to the stock price now. I got greedy and sold mine. rolleyes.gif<BR>~ Howard

pphillips ~~ YES & NO! rolleyes.gif<P>Life is too short not to have a little fun frown.gif<P>If you want a totally serious thread, start one; and be sure to mention that you want NO humor or fun involved.<P>But then that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. smile.gifsmile.gif ~~ Howard

pphillips - everything about collectible automobiles plus cabbages and kings can be discussed here. I'm so excited after having been inducted as a freshperson Senator from my favorite state (NY if you haven't noticed)that I'm going to look for a nicely restored Mustang convertible to give the Fool for Christmas. He collects them, you know! He thinks they're chick mangnets, whatever that means. I've never really liked them. Not enough room in the back seat. With algore now out of the BIG picture, I am going to work really hard to position myself for 2008 when we can try for the White House again as Clinton+Gore - me and Tipper.

Congrats again on returning to Washington for another six years. I never had any problems with Mustang back seat space. You know what I mean? The Fool is right on about the chick magnet thing. You know, cool car= hot chick! The handbag biz on the internet is petering out, so to speak. I guess the whole e-commerce idea is overrated. Got to go for now.

Hang in there ol' phillips !<P>Usally, these threads start out talking old cars and then leads into food and everything else. This is a reversal. By the time this is over here, we'll be setting a distributor on a Hudson. wink.gif<P>Best forum on the planet!!!

OK In an effort to bring this back to the automotive subject, if the KK store in Denver opens in time, there WILL be KK donuts on the Western Divisional Tour in Ft. Collins, CO at the end of August, 2001. <P>Now, does that cover everything, cars, touring, fun and food? cool.gif ~ Howard

pphillips, I think it is safe to say that we understand your comment. However, please understand that on this DF, particularly the General Forum, a lot of the DFers are good friends who know each other, a lot of the DFers are now friends who have met due to these discussions, AND there a lot of friends who know each other on this forum and have never met. There have been some remarkable threads and for the most part have been solely related to the hobby of old tin and the organizations which support, indeed encourage the hobby. Sometimes we stray, but this is just another way to express our personal interest in our friends on the DF.<P>We all hope you understand this and will continue to participate. Who knows, you may even have some fun and get to meet hillary, monica, and old grime someday.<P>Father Ron, having spoketh will now return to find those car threads.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

hvs, I am glad to see that most people took the KK posting in the fun way it was intended. If you ever get to Long Island you can get your KK's at many local Hess Marts.SalG

Krispy Kreams & the Automotive Hobby most definitely have an important correlation.<P>Tech Tip: If, while touring around in your auto, a stone happens to find its way into your radiator with such force, that it springs a leak. NATURALLY, you do not panic. You simply pull into a Krispy Kream, request something without glazing, like a bagel, mush it around in the palm of your hands, and, plaster it over the leak. <P>With a confident swagger, you leave the Krispy Kream lot and look for a mechanic.<P>(When involved with dirt track racing in the 60's, we would use a hot dog roll to get the last laps in if necessitated.)<P>Respectfully submitted,<P>Peter

Howard is so thin because the closest KK store to him is 500 miles away. You want to talk about someone getting crabby once in a while - - - when this happins we go to Colorado to Johnson's Corners for a cinimmin roll. That keeps him in line for a while. I will be so glad when the KK in Denver opens up - - he will be a lot easer to live with then.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.krispykreme.com/krispykr.html" TARGET=_blank>www.krispykreme.com/krispykr.html</A> <P>Dan

Sal ~ Sounds like a great idea. The Museum could open one on their property. Probably would raise more money than admissions. rolleyes.gif<BR>~ Howard smile.gifsmile.gif<p>[This message has been edited by hvs (edited 12-15-2000).]

• 1 month later...
Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

"Donuts to $$<BR>Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. Vice Chairman John McAleer, director Robert McCoy and 40 others, including shop owners and their brothers, sisters, mother, daughters, sons, cousins, and even former wives, sold $141 million of the Winston-Salem, N.C. based doughnut maker's stock. Krispy Kreme raised $13.4 million."<BR>page 36 business section New York Post 01/31/01

Guest c.johnson

There is a KK store in Utah, Provo if I remember right. If you want to take a drive we can find it together. I haven't had a KK since I lived in Alabama 20 years ago!!<P>cj

howard, i hit three different threads that have comments from you about KK's! you really must have it bad....wonder if there is a KK Anonymous group out there! i am headed to philly to pick up an award for my replicar 1908 and was thinking that on the way to the airport i could pick you up a few boxes. then i started thinking about the two hour flight and having KK's with me....all you would probably get were the crumbs especially if there were any good-looking female flight attendants around! hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

olds ~ I started eating those things at the Univ of N. Carolina in 1951. Yes, I am addicted. I don't think there is a KK Anonymous, because I don't know of anyone who really wants to kick the habit.<P>Others and I keep bringing it up on here because it has now become a long running joke, with which a bunch of us seem to have a lot of fun.<P>Is your 1908 the one I saw in Beecher a while back?<P>What airline do you fly? I haven't seen what I would call a good looking stewardess in years. Now back in the '50's, that was the era of knockout stewardesses. Eastern, American, National, Capitol, Piedmont and others on the east coast. Ah youth.<P>hvs<BR>

HOWARD...YES, MY TIM HELPED ME WITH MY 1908! I AM NOT TOO SURE WHETHER MY WORKING ON THE CAR TOO RAISED OR LOWERED THE PRICE BUT IT GOT FINISHED! REALLY HAPPY WITH IT AND HOPE IT WILL TOUR NEXT YEAR....<P>NOW I REALLY GUESS YOU HAVEN'T FOUND ANY PRETTY "STEWARDESSES" LATELY SINCE THEY ARE NOW "FLIGHT ATTENDANTS"...ONE MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT THESE DAYS! JUST FLEW BACK FROM A MEETING IN VEGAS ON UNITED AND IT WAS KIND OF HYSTERICAL. ON A DC10 THE PURSER CONFIDED IN ME THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE AN ATENDENT SLIM ENOUGH TO GET TO SOMETHING SHE ASKED MY HELP ON! HOWEVER, JUDGING BY SOME OTHERS I HAVE SEEN THERE ARE SOME MIGHTY NICE LADIES FLYING THE FRIENDLY SKIES.<P>INCIDENTLY, GOT STUCK HAVING TO STAY AT THE EXCALIBUR IN VEGAS...YOUR KIND OF PLACE THOUGH, THEY HAD A KK UPSTAIRS IN THE FOOD COURT..DOING A GREAT BUSINESS! SEE YA IN PHILLY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

In the business section of today's Newsday, the Long Island paper a small article stated that KK was planning on 20 new stores on Long Island by this time next year.SalG, (Keeper of the KK business updates.) smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

KK fell 5 1/8 today on a lower price target from an analyst. Predicted to only hit 100, not 110.SalG