Status of Buick City??

AK Buickman

What is the current condition of the Buick factory buildings in Flint? <BR>Will the Buick Administration Building also be leveled?<BR>Has any decision been made to sell bricks from the walls, or sections of the floor from the final assembly building? <BR>In a previous posting on this forum, I brought up the idea of the possibility of being able to own a piece of the building where my '55 Roadmaster and my '72 Electra 225 were built.<P>AK Buickman, BCA #1955

It is my understanding that the Ad building will be put to use for something,but the other buildings are being torn down. there is a very good possibility that bricks from the old buildings will be available in the near future. The Buicktown Chapter of the BCA is working with the Sloan Museum to work out the details.

I have been taking pictures of the demolition every week.The Engineering building is about 1/4 down.Several other buildings are gone.They have not started on Buick City Assembly yet.I will send some photos if I can ever learn how to do it.I was there today.

Is there an historical marker on the lawn in front of the Administration Building? I saw a film clip regarding David Dunbar Buick, including an interview with top BMD officials next to this marker, located in front of the Administration Building.<P>AK Buickman.....................