vin tag locations

Dad has a 1935 chevrolet 1/2 ton pick up in the shed and I cann't find the vin plate. anyone known where to start looking on the frame or other locations on the body??

There is no VIN plate. You should find the serial number located and stamped on the right (passenger) side floor sill plate. Or, it is also sometimes located on the front of the seat frame on right side as well. Should start with the letters EB. That's the model for the 1935 1/2 ton truck.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HOOIE

In Missouri, at least,they titled the Chevrolets off the engine serial number. Located on the right side of block behind distributor. I`m not sure about the thirties models but the fifties models were. Don`t know why this was done or when the stopped using the engine numbers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dad has a 1935 chevrolet 1/2 ton pick up in the shed and I cann't find the vin plate. anyone known where to start looking on the frame or other locations on the body?? </div></div>

By Interstate Compact, all states used the engine number (which on most cars -- not all--corresponded to the chassis -- frame--number) for title & registration purposes through 12/31/55. Beginning on 1/1/56, title and registrations in all states began using the vehicle serial number, now the VIN. Your '35 Chevy should be titled under the engine number.

Art Anderson