1998 Regal - Radio codes needed

Guest 455stage1

Guest 455stage1

Since my buddy knows I'm into Buicks...<P>He owns a 1998 Regal. He replaced his battery and now the radio (with CD) will not work - it says LOC or INOPT.<P>Can anyone tell me the correct codes/sequence to get his radio working again?<P>Thanks!<p>[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Marc Conigliari ]

Guest elk93001

It sounds like the Theft-loc was on before the battery was disconnected. Before the battery is disconnected, this should be de-activated (according to the shop manual on my Intrigue). Anyways if he didn't set the code, he'll probably need to check with the local dealer. Unfortunately, I don't have my shop manual with me to see if there is some procedure to unlock the radio.

If he is the original owner, and the radio is the factory original, the selling dealer should have given him the radio's code. If not, any Buick dealer can run his car's VIN to get the radio code.<P>I've had problems with the Theft-Loc on the Delco radio in my Chevy S-10. The dealer unlocked it with no problem. This seems to be a feature that the entire country doesn't need, with the possible exception of anyone living in New York, Washington, DC or LA or an area where kids steal a lot of radios.