1919 Dodge Horn

HBergh

I see in the Romar catalog a horn button that attaches to the door. Can anyone provide a picture of where and how this was mounted originally? If no picture is available, how about a verbal description? Thanks a million.

Howard

Guest imported_RAH

Howard,

As Ruel says, the horn button on the open cars '15 to '23 were mounted in the top near the center of the drivers door just under the top rail. On my '15 roadster the screws actually go through the top of the door pocket flap. Yes I found the original holes in the sheet metal under the upholstry. The wires go through the upholstry and exit from under same in the vicinity of the upper hinge. There is a loop of wires that allow the door to open to it's full position. These wires then are passed through a metal cable clamp type device which is secured under the left windshield post retaining nut under the dashboard.The horn wires were a tristed pair of cloth covered wires. After they pass through the wire clamp and just a bit further up one passes through the dash to the horn and the other goes up to the ammeter. The horn is self grounding to complete the circuit. I hope this helps.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley