Seen 73 Riviera today

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

Today, while driving in my 72 Buick Electra, I noticed a boattail Riviera heading my way. I had never seen it before- or never seen a Riviera of that year in person before. It was a primered 73 Buick Riviera. Looked like the 71-72s, but had larger bumpers and a little different front end - I guess because of the larger bumpers. It was still nice to see a Riviera locally. Also, locally, on the same street that one set of my grandparents live on - there is a light blue 71 or 72 Riviera that just sets. They used to drive it. Don't know - maybe its broke down. These are getting difficult to find, but still not as rare as the Oldsmobile Toronado. About 10 years ago, I had a MINT, MINT 1971 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr hdtp. It had a 375hp 455, loaded with every option. It was dark maroon, no rust, with mint black interior. I paid only $450 for the car. I eventually sold the car to my grandparents, my grandmother drove it for a while, then she lat my aunt borrow it, who then wrecked it. Some sort of animal ran out in front of her and she run it into a bank. Messed up the right front and grill area, so my uncle paid my grandparents what they paid me for the car. It just sat out there at my uncles for a year and I think he sold it to someone who just wanted the engine. It sickens me now. The car would be worth at least $6,000 now in that shape. <P>Tony<P>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4dr<BR>1989 Pontiac Safari 4dr wagon<BR>1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr<p>[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]