Lincoln Hubcaps

I have a set of NOS hubcaps for a Lincoln but I do not know what year? The part number is 5EH-1130? Can anyone help me with the model and or year these hubcaps would go on? Thanks in advance for your help. David Walker

Hi David, there are some variations in those hubcaps, 5EH refers to 1946-1948, and they are differentiated by an A or B Suffix, also on the '48's, the fronts have Lincoln scripts whereas the rears do not, you can post pictures on this site which will identify them precisely, Rolf

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf, I don't think the plain rear hubcaps were available as a replacement. If a plain rear was lost or damaged, the replacement would be the front scripted model. The chassis parts book lists the frequency of ordering these parts and I don't even see the plain one listed.

confused.gifBill

Sounds completely reasonable Bill, I was surprised to not see a "C" option for the plain ones too, definitely a different hubcap though, another mystery for sure, take care, Rolf

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf, I just double checked my chassis parts manual and noticed that the 47-48 hubcap has a prefix of 6H- confused.giffand no suffix. For the 46-47 there are two hubcaps listed. The A suffix goes on a ground wheel as 4 are required and the B suffix is for the spare tire, obviously the Continental, but is listed for 46-47 and ignores 48 even though they are the same. I'm sure there is a story here, but do I want to hear it. tongue.gif

Bill

Hmmmmm Bill, we always seem to get in to these controverseys, I have the 1936-1948 reprinted Chassis Parts Catalogue, dated December 1948, the descriptive pictures on pages 1X and X, right in the front show the hexagonal center on '46 and '47 hubcaps, and script on '47 and '48, Lincolns and Continentals, and a more careful look shows you to be correct Bill, as there is a 5EH-A for '46-'47, then the 5EH-B for '42-'48 Continental spare, then the 6H described as a cap and medallion for '47-'48, still not totally conclusive, where are the script hub caps, and the plain ones??, or are the scripts the medallions?? Just answered my own question, look at the various 1141's, , explains everything but the plain caps?? Gotta go now, but there may be a whole new number for those too?? Onward, Rolf