1969 Buick Skylark

My mother (now 87 years old) has a 1969 Buick Skylark that we want to put up for sale, but we have no idea what to ask. It is 2 door and two tone green hardtop, with off white interior. It has only 26,400 miles. Everything is original. We will have to get to a mechanic to drain the fluids, etc. because it has just been sitting in the garage for years. Could someone give me an idea as to what to ask and expect to get for such a car? We live in Florida.

I would be interested once you settle on an asking price. Did you see the other post today for a similar car for $1,500? Also, do you have any photos? Is it a 2dr HT model or post sedan? What kind of options? Does it have AC? All of these including overall condition help in determining value. Mitch

I'm afraid I don't know the difference between a hardtop and the post model. It may be in the owner's manual. It does not have air-conditioning. My folks were from Michigan and did not believe in a/c at that time. Of course, in Florida it is a necessity. I saw the earlier post, but that price seemed very low. As I recall, the car in the earlier post needed work. My mother's car is in great condition with very low mileage. I really need some input as to an asking price. I will keep your post for when we are ready to sell.

Just because it has low milage does not mean it does not need work. Which fluids were you going to have replaced? How long has it been sitting with out being driven? It may need brakes, radiator/cooling work, trans work, the fuel tank dropped and flushed and fuel lines flushed/replaced, tires, and exhaust, hoses and belts. If the fluids had any contamination in them prior to the car being put away along with any moisture in the air, there could be some serious problems. How long was it in Michigan before being moved to Florida. Any rust issues?

All that being said, I think we need more information to be able to give qualified opinions on what it may be worth.

Larry

the car is in clearwater. There is no rust. My parents bought it in 1969 and it came to FL in 72 or 73. I thought that someone on this site that had an opinion as to value could help me decide on an asking price. That was my sole reason for posting.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Redfish, I think everyone is trying to help you establish a price but don't wish to do so without enough pertinent information from you that's needed to put a value on the car. In other words these guys know their cars and values and with enough info can give you the qualified opinion of value you are looking for. If you could describe the car as if you were looking at buying it and tell us answers to questions you would ask the owner, I believe that would tell us enough about the car. And also, good detailed pictures are worth a thousand words. There are all kinds of book prices out there and anyone can quote them to you but these guys are trying to do better than that.

I think I detect a little frustration, but don't be. You came to the right place. OK smile.gif

BTW I was just down your way (Dunedin i think it was) looking at a beautiful 50 Roadmaster a few weeks ago. and actually my son is currently looking at 68-69 Skylarks but AC is on top of his list tongue.gifgrin.gif