Stick to Dynaflow conversion

Guest moopar2ya2

Guest imported_moopar2ya2

Can any one please tell me what kind of grief I would get into if I tried to convert my 47 manual to a Dynaflow? What about a hydramatic? I would like to retain the option to put the car right again.

Thanks in advance.

47 did not offer Dynaflow. You would run into engine mounts and a number of other problems.The only way I would want to tackle a situation such as this would be to have a donor car with everything I needed,and then I am not sure about transfering engine mounts from one frame to the other. BCA 2399

With Dynaflow, you will have much less power from the engine, since Dynaflow robs its power tremendously, a much slower, less responsive, more sluggish car, and a virtual guarantee that the Dynaflow will leak fluid on your garage floor and down your torque tube. Why would you ever want to switch to Dynaflow, unless you are doing constant stop-and-go commuter driving with your '47?

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Guest imported_moopar2ya2

"Why would you ever want to switch to Dynaflow" Kinda hilly where I live, plus then maybe the wife can drive it. I know the Dynaflow wasn't optimal that's why I also wondered about the hydramatic, I thought maybe someone made a conversion in the "olden days"