head bolts/washers

Can anyone help!!! I have a 1964 lesabre with the 300 alum. head motor. its the poional 11/1 4 barrel carb motor. My problem is the head bolts after removing them one was broke and all the washers are cracked and coming apart. Does anyone know where I can get a new set? Are the bolts a stretch bolt like on the the new cars with alum. heads?

Doorman makes the washers, I have found small block Ford bolts are one thread longer (I test w/out washer to be sure they won't bind). Several places sell V6 stud kits, you would need one and a third for the 300. No matter what you use you MUST use washers on AL heads. Check any non stock washer's id and od for fit in head counter cuts and around bolt shank. Be SURE the heads are flat and the water passages are not eaten away. I use a thin coat of grease (non fiber)on both sides of the head gasket. With the difference in expansion between AL and iron it stops gasket failures. On any small Buick head always check oil passages for the rockers. (through ft and rear rocker moumts) They plug the blind passage after years of service and if the head is switched from side to side no oil will reach the rockers. Hope this helps Jim