Shocks

AceCollins

Ace -

I have some with the '38 undercarriage I got, but they are not the same part numbers as the '37 (YES, ROLF -- I GOT THE CHASSIS MANUAL -- see attached pic for proof! smile.gif). If you have trouble lining up cores, I'll take a closer look.

Still waiting on the OD results. We spoke with the experts and they suggested a couple of things such as shorter bolts in one section that we had to wait for. Still have not run the lines, hooked up to the speedo, etc. In the process of doing this we pulled the shocks off, redid bushing, etc. So, now we are waiting on the shocks, actually trying to find shocks, to put the old girl back on the ground and see how the OD works. In the meantime, did some rewiring and have a ground wire problem with my headlights and tailights. We will get it all traced out in the next month or so. Anyone know if the LZ in 37 used Ford shocks or was this a part that was just for the LZ/

Ace

On my lack of participation in the past few weeks, I write books for a living and am under the gun on a deadline. My world will be much easier with a great deal more free time come March. Thanks for missing my often ignorrant questions and sometimes stupid responses.

Ace

Hello Ace -

Basically, it looks like you can use Ford rear shocks if your car was made before 11/11/36. Some of the information makes me think that you *might* be able to use later style shocks ("86H") on the front as well, but you'd need to talk to an expert on that.

Right front body and arm: H-18045-B up to motor no. 19000, or HB-18045

Left front " " ": H-18046-B up to motor no. 19000, or HB-18046

Right back " " ": HB-18080 *or* 68-18080 for cars made before 11/11/36

Left back " " ": HB-18081 *or* 68-18080 for cars made before 11/11/36

Good news, Roy Thorson had two good, working ready to go one and drive front shocks. He is sending them to me. Lever Shocks can rebuild one of my back ones, so that leaves me with needing just one rear shock. Adam at Lever is going to try to rework my frozen and trashed rear one with extra parts he has sitting around and see if he can make it good again too. Now, at the worst, I am looking for one rear shock now. I will keep you all informed.

Ace