06H '40-'48 Holley Carburetors

Rolf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 13 years later...
On 2/9/2004 at 6:35 PM, Rolf said:

Lots of Carburetors, no more Columbias, a guy in Kansas bought it really cheap, he who hesitates is lost, as they say, Rolf

Do you have a good 06H 4 hole carburetor for sale?

On 12/8/2017 at 11:43 AM, Memo said:

Do you have a good 06H 4 hole carburetor for sale?

I suggest contacting Merv Atkins -- his contact info is on the LZOC page under sources.  I would be shocked if he didn't have a couple dozen good or easily rebuildable units.  

• 6 months later...

Got mine at Carbs Unlimited - http://www.carburetion.com/. I also bought main jet needle valves from Vintage Speed to try to lean out the mixture, but all they did is make the engine run rough. I think I'm running .061 jets and they give me plenty of go and 12-13 mpg.

From my experience the trickiest thing is getting the right power valve. With the wrong one you will experience surging as you accelerate, or you will get lousy mileage and rough running. It took me a while, but I figured out how they work: At idle the vacuum is high and pulls the valve closed against spring pressure. When the vacuum decreases during acceleration the spring pushes the valve open. Of the several I tested, I found the one with the weakest spring gave me the best result. I also recommend you fill the float chamber with fuel with the top off the carb and watch for drips off the bottom of the power valve. Sometimes it's hard to get a good seal.

I recommend a thorough cleaning - dip in carb cleaner for several hours and blow everything out before you reassemble.