save it or kill it

enduro74

Is the roof rusted out? If so, cut it off for the ragtop look. and take a few pictures I would wonder if the frame is sufficient to hold the body up, without the top in place.

If it stays together then save it.

yes the roof is rusted out, above the windsheld is about gone, 6 inch by 6 inch hole by right rear window, the hood and top of the finders are pited bad, thinking about just building another race car with it, whats the front and rear seat worth there in good shape just need a good cleaning also got the grill,side lights

I had a guy after seats, but they're tough. $100 maybe. Depends on color, and if it's a bench or buckets - buckets would sell and probably for more than that figure. Good door panels, dashpad, trim, grille, that kind of stuff is worth some money to people who need it - none of it is reproduced. It would be one thing if the car was clean and just needed the top sheetmetal replaced - this isn't too bad of a job to do if you can find a donor - but it sounds like the car is fairly rough.

yes its rough,its striped allready missing headliner,carpet,radio,and the sun has been rough on the inside trim pieces, im just thinking its more work than i have time or money for. but it will make a nice race car, runs great and the front end is tight. how do i post pic? i have some for u guys to look at. also the dash is in great shape. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...