Classic Insurance ?

DugsSin

Any good auto insurance company will add the car to your policy pending your bring the car by in person or mailing in pictures. First thing to do is give your regular car insurace company a call, ask them how much to add the car to the policy when you pick it up. If you plan on driving the car as a 2nd family car plus collector car you will have to insure it on a regular car police. If on the other hand you only want to drive it as a collector car you can get antique car insurace which is much cheaper and more restrictive on milage and use of the vehicle. I use JC Taylor for my collector car insurance, highly recommend them. There number is 800-268-4783 or <A HREF="http://www.jctaylor.com" TARGET=_blank>www.jctaylor.com</A> wink.gif" border="0

I use Great American Insurance Group, who specializes in classic and collectible auto insurance. They will insure a car for me for 30 days pending 4 photos. For my 2 Buicks the yearly premium for 3000 yearly miles on each is $111/year. If you are intersted the number is 513-369-5000.

Doug, your personal vehicle insurance should cover the transportation from the seller to your home, but as others have said you should check. I haven't had a claim fortunately since I've had collector car insurance on my "fleet" but have had Hagerty for many years with no objections to project cars, and even the <BR>new cars '86 GN and my '86 'vette, I was probably one of their first customers that they covered with a "new" car the '86s but only because I had the old cars insured with them and the new cars like the Vette then the GN had less than 15k miles on them too. Several Michigan folks that have submitted claims have been overwhelmed with the very quick response and over all coverage! Check them out!

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I use Hagerty Classic Insurance. <A HREF="http://www.hagerty.com" TARGET=_blank>www.hagerty.com</A> 800/922-4050<P>Good company to deal with. I had a big loss a few years ago. All they asked me to do was to fax a copy of the title when I made a claim, and they mailed me a check for the insured value of the car within 1 week.<P>No questions asked, or agrument.<P>Did not raise the rates or cancel either.<P>There is no milage restriction, although you may have a problem if you have an accident driving your classic car to work.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter

Guest COMPACTBC

What ever company you choose, make sure the policy COVERS THE CAR AS "VALUED AT AND INSURED FOR" not Value At Time of Loss. "Value At Time of Loss" policies allow an insurance company to argue with you about the value of the car when you have a claim. Two companies that write this kind of policy are Hagerty and Grundy World Wide. I use Grundy because they do not have an annual mileage limitation like many other companies. grin.gif" border="0

State Farm Insurance...I insure my 65 skylark with them. Full coverage for NOT the blue book value, but for how much I invest in it...just keep your receipts.<P>I only pay something like $80 a year. No driving restrictions either.