weatherstripping

Guest trevor ward
confused.gif" border="0 I wonder if anybody has any thoughts one way or the other on STEELE door weatherstripping, compared with CARS products? The reason i ask is i have just taken delivery of a pair of front door weatherstrips for my '64 le sabre,from STEELE, and they are not a very good fit!! They bind VERY badly down the hinge side and the door simply will not shut without a shoulder barge!!NOT ideal mad.gif" border="0 I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this prob. as re-using the originals is really not an option, as they are less than happy frown.gif" border="0 ( and so am i !)Has anybody had similar probs.???<P> '64 le sabre resto. getting there?! rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest trevor ward

Thanks for the info so far guys, i can see me having to splice the new weatherstrips with the old hinge pillar section off of the original rubbers!! Using a suitable rubber contact adhesive, which i know will bond successfully... Not ideal, but anything will improve the spring loaded number i have at the moment!! grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 <P><BR> '64 le sabre....problems, problems rolleyes.gif" border="0