Looking for a soft top window

mytc05

This past summer, I began to have a minor problem with my convertable top fitting in the tonneau cover. Most of the time it would fit, but once in a while it would stick and sit a little tighter than usual. I was driving on my way home for a quick 4 minute ride when all of a sudden I heard a giant boom! When I got home, I discovered that my convertable top rear window had blown. It has been really upsetting and I've been looking for a window for the past few months. I've come across a couple, but when people at the junkyard tried to remove them, they ended up blowing them too. I can't find any aftermarket windows to fit, and would really like to keep the window genuine Sicursiv. If anyone is selling their window or possibly the whole convertable top, I would be very interested as I hope to have one before the weather warms up in March. I can be emailed at oths2005@hotmail.com . Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

When I bought my TC I found the glass rear window in the soft top had already been replaced with plastic. It was a nice job of installing and I kept hearing about breaking glass windows so I have left the plastic in it. My tonneau cover sits a little low in the front edges and I think that may have contributed to the glass breakage, that fraction of an inch might be all the extra clearance the glass needed to keep from breaking. The fix on mine would be to drill the holes on the tonneau holddowns a little lower so they can be raised, lifting the cover a bit to line up the chrome mouldings. If I paint the whole car, I'll do that then, but that is a ways in the future if the car doesn't sell.

And it will be getting warm here in SoCal in March! That's when the hardtop comes back off.