nailhead rocker assembly?

will a later model nailhead rocker assembly<BR>fit a 57 nailhead? the 57 is a 364 and the assembly that is available is from a '66 401. I know most stuff doesnt' fit but would the heads be interchangable? thus the rockers, and what about the pushrods? thanks for any help. Dave

All nailhead rockers enterchange. But the '59 and up have a 6 to 1 ratio, while the 58 and under have a 5 to 1. <P>This would leave you with a rougher idle, but a little more power.

Now THAT'S some useful information!!!<BR>I'm going to build a 322 next year, and I want to do some tricks to it. I wasn't aware that the later rocker arms are a 1.6:1 ratio.<BR>I've got a donor 401 in the garage that gave up its water pump housing (it's aluminum and looks good). Where can I find the year of the engine on the block? I know a magnet would stick to the rocker arms if they're iron, but it'd still be good to know the year of that '01.<BR>-Brad

There should be a two letter code stamped into the surface of the block on the front valley pan rail of the passenger side sort of under the thermostat housing. The first letter denotes the year and the second size of the engine. There are also eight numbers on the other side of the pan rail that match the last numbers of serial # of the car. The serial numbers won't help you with much more than if the engine in the car is original.