1939 MoPar running boards, ar ethey interchangable?

Mika Jaakkola

Hi!

I have a problem- I'm looking for a '39 Dodge Running boards and couple of guys have offered me '39 Plymouths running boards. Are they same or do they just look the same? It would be good to know before I make a purchase. Part numbers are different, but does it prove anything? Plymouth is 3" shorter than Dodge. . But, again, does it prove anything?

Thanks Guys!

Mika Jaakkola

Finland

Thanks guys,

ex98thdrill, I checked the wb's on '40 Dodge & plymouth and Dodge has 119 1/2" and plymouth has 117". So if the boards are the same in '40 they might also be in '39 models? Got any idea if the parts numbers are different(or the same) in 1940. Of course, I have taken some measurements to compare them with '39 Plymouth rbs before i buy them.

Mika Jaakkola

To be honest with you, I don't know. We had two sets redone for the '40 Dodge and our '40 Plymouth and they are identical boards. As for the case of your '39 a good person who may be able to answer that is Hunley Acuff. Hunley is out of Georgia and he has a business restoring running boards. He did the boards on our '40 Plymouth, '40 Dodge, and our '37 Plymouth pickup. We had an extra set of '40 Plymouth running boards that we sold him, so I know that he also sells running boards as well as refinishes them.

I don't have Hunley's address and phone number, but I believe he advertises in the Plymouth Bulletin. If you can't get an answer here, try going to the Plymouth Owners Club website. Someone should be able to answer your questions.