1939 ford coupe

Hoping someone out there can help me. I just purchased a 1939 ford coupe. How do I go about finding out if the car is a deluxe or standard model? Also, where do I find the VIN# and the size of the engine. The car is in mint condition and am curious what the car is worth. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

The difference between the Standard and Deluxe models, is rather easy to tell as they have two completely different front ends. Some of the features of a Standard is that it has a pointed front on the hood and short regtangular louvres on the side panels near the cowl. The headlamps are located between the front fender crowns and the grille. Also, the grille on the Standard is tall with horizontal grille slats.

The Deluxe grille is shorter with vertical slats. The hood on the Deluxe is larger and now comes down to the tops of the fenders replacing the side panels and will have two stainless trim moldings on it's side. The headlamps of the Deluxe are recessed in the front fender crowns.

As for the engines, the Deluxe came with a 85 HP engine and the Standard model had either the 85 or 60 HP engine.

You'll find the serial number located on top of the clutch housing and also on the left side frame rail near the cowl.

I may have some photo's around here showing the two models and I could post them on here if you are still uncertain which one you have.

Hope this helps

Rick