Topper Movie Car

Guest OlChev

Guest imported_OlChev

I am trying to locate any information on the "Topper" movie car. It is my understanding that the car was built using a 1937 Buick but there is some debate as to what series was used. Some feel it was a 40 series, but the photographs I have of the car seem to be larger than a 40, perhaps even an 80.

Any thoughts?

The body was built by Bohman & Schwartz in Pasadena, if any information exists on the body modifications, it would be helpful as well.

Finally, I was told that the car still exists, I would love to contact the current owner if anybody know it's whereabouts.

Thank you for the help,

Kevin Marsh

Kevin, I have "Topper Returns" and it's a great movie. I didn't realize there was a topper "car". How many of the moves was it used in? There is a car chase and several other good car scenes in Topper Returns but it's been a while since I've watched it and I don't remember the makes. I'll have to pull it out and watch this weekend.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am posting in these forums because I have some essential information on the topper car. There has been some incorrect information as to the current owner and other facts about the car. I am in contact with the true current owner of the Topper Car and we may be auctioning this car or making it available for purchase in the near future. Please e-mail me if you are interested, I can furnish you any further information you need on this famed Topper Movie Car. My e-mail address is diamondlon@hotmail.com

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imported_OlChev

Lon,

I have sent several e-mails to you since your post. If you have not received them, please e-mail me. E-mail address is OlChev@aol.com

I would like to talk to you about the Topper car.

Thanks, Kevin