What a Great Annual Meeting!!!

Shawn Miller

WOW! What a weekend we had! I can't remember when I have seen more unusual cars in such a short period of time! 22 of the 34 cars in the grand classic scored above 99 points!

The Michigan Region really outdid themselves. Thanks Michigan, for a great weekend.

It was also great to get to know many of you better. The people are what really makes this club great.

Shawn

Guest Chuck Conrad

It was an amazing gathering. The Michigan Region really out did themselves. The private collections we saw were awesome, and the display for CCCA judging was second to none.

Our final Awards Banquet was held at the Detroit Athletic Club, which is the place where the moguls of US automotive history used to make back room deals. What a location! Absolutely splendid. Even the food was some of the best I've ever had in a banquet situation.

Every year the Club presents the Warshawsky Award. It is our "best of show" trophy, and is only presented at the Annual Meeting. This year's winner was a 1930 Weymann bodied Stutz SV-16. For those not familiar with this car, the body is covered with leather, rather than sheet metal and paint. It is very spectacular, and this restoration was superb.

This is always a tough award to figure out. I'm glad I didn't have to be part of that process this year. It would have been very difficult. There were so many great cars to choose from.