What & when was the "GJG" racer?

Guest stude8

About 8 or 10 years ago on a visit to New Jersey I ended up in a truck trailer body looking at remnants of what the owner called the "GJG" racer.

It was a big T head job, fairly complete for a car from the 1910 era. I can't find any mention of it in all the usual books. Anyone have knowledge of its history, when it raced, who drove it? See attached photo. I can post other views in gallery. Stude8

John, The GJG was made by George John Grossman in White Plaines, New York, and this car was once over the line in New York off Route 22. We would stop every year on our way to the car show in Bennington, Vt. to check on its slow progress. It is in New Jersey now, hopefully it will be retored someday. It did have race history, so some day we should see it on display in class 24A.

Thanks for the GJG feedback, I had an inkling it was an Eastern machine, I intentionally did not mention the owner publicly but you know who has it. Talk about a treasure chest of good stuff, that truck trailer body was just loaded with tons (Literally) of pre teens iron.

Thirty years ago I bought a chassis from a Illinois collector who had a big T head engine in a barn, I wasn't very aware of what it was at that age but recall he thought it came from a "tug boat". He is gone now and I wonder where that piece of iron went. Stude8