Tail Light Cleaning "Inside"

Guest REATAMANZ

Guest imported_REATAMANZ

Ok,

One of my winter projects is to remove the tail light assemblies from my two convertibles and clean the insides. They both have water marks and are dirty on the inside. I am sure someone has tackled this task and could share some good insights on a procedure that seems to work best. Like what is the best way to get apart, clean and reseal, materials t use so as not destroy them. Bill has been good this year so he is counting on all of Santa's helpers to make this an enjoyable project. Additionally, I have three Reattas now and without them I would not have met some great people, roamed a few junk yards, have a friend at the parts counter, and be able to drive to Auto Zone blindfolded. I have learned so much form here. This forum has saved me and many others lots of pain & $

Thank You Very Much

Guest Greg Ross

I,ve done this twice now and I'll write you up a little procedure for this, a bit of a nasty but you've at least got one to practice on!

And if you screw one up, well I've got a spare lens for you!

Won't tackle the write-up just now but if I haven't reposted by tomorrow, shoot me a reminder at

gmrossjr@msn.com

Regards,

Greg

Hey Greg (GMRoss), could you please copy me on the taillamp cleaning ? My e-mail address is "pureguyschef@wmconnect.com" . THANKS,Danny Walker

wink.gifcool.gifwink.gif

'90 Reatta Convertile

Red / Tan / Tan W/Black Mldg.

CD Player & 16-Way Seats

105,000 miles & still going strong

Guest imported_SoKalKisselKnut

Hey Greg, if you get a chance, I'd like a copy of your helpful info too...I didn't think there was a way of getting those streaks out of the inside of the taillight lense.

Thanks for your input on the site!

Jerry

jergarvin@earthlink.net