Atta-boy Webmaster

bob horgan

My complements also.

Am I right in thinking that the beautiful Stutz is not actually parked at that Shell station but is a superimposed image?

If so its a nice composition-- but the reflections in the hubcaps seems to be in full sun while the sun also seems to be setting behind the station.

Dear Richard F. from Northern California

Very observant of you. Your correct, the Stutz is a State of Washington car and the Shell station is at Hickory Corners, Michigan. You should have been a detective.

It's called image editing. Recently we showcased a few cars in front of MeadowBrook Hall. Well the cars were never photographed on the driveway but in the show area with tents, people, grass and stuff refecting into the car. I remove the objectionable reflections and place the car in a new setting. I'ts all about perspective, but you were very sharp to notice the hubcaps in bright light. Check out my website to see a portfolio of full classics, done in interesting art techniques.

www.rollinghistory.com

I'm glad somebody is looking closely at my art. Have a good day Richard. blush.gif

It was your art that demands a long look-- that and the fact that I really admire the last of the Stutz's as a car right up there at the pinnacle among classics. In fact I guess I was admiring it for so long that something finally seemed amiss... and it must have been the reflection in the hubcaps.

I meant what I said. It is a nice composition of a great period setting and a beautiful classic car.