Beautiful Cadillac Promos

Centurion

Since I'm unable to purchase/maintain/store/insure every car I would love to own, I've collected the 1/25-scale promotional cars for many years. These are the assembled model cars that dealers gave away back in the 1950's and 1960's, and friction-powered versions were also sold at dime stores. These cars were often available in a number of factory color schemes. Not surprisingly, the original promotional cars -- if in excellent condition -- have become highly collectible, and many of these attract significant bidding activity on Ebay.

The range of offerings was far broader for the promotional cars than we see among the 1/24-scale diecast models from the Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint. Even so, there were some body styles that were never offered originally as promos.

Earlier this year, I located a great source of new promo models of old cars, including models or body styles that were never originally offered as promos.

Wheat's Nostalgia has been a long time dealer of the vintage promo cars, and they are now offering a tremendous line of new promos, with the product line continuing to expand. Since the first of the year, I have ordered the following promos that were not originally available as promos, and each one is beautifully done: 1958 Buick Limited 2-door hardtop, 1959 Pontiac Bonneville 4-door hardtop, 1961 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop. These can be ordered in any original factory paint scheme, and the cars are beautifully done.

There are some great Cadillacs offered in the series, including the 1949, 1956, 1961, and 1962 models. The 1961's are among my favorites, and Wheat's is offering both a series 62 2-door hardtop and a Fleetwood 4-door hardtop. Here are photos from Wheat's website:

985-01.jpg892-03.jpg

Here's the link to Wheat's website. Look at the "Memory Lane Extras" to see all of these new promos. Photos are not yet shown for many of the models, but I don't think that you would be disappointed by the quality of these promos:

http://members.aol.com/wheatsnost/