Deuce-N-Quarter: Tell us about your Buick!

I noted your response on another topic, and the photo that displays with your forum name shows an early '70's Electra 225. The photo is small, but I'm guessing a '71 model in the rarely-seen (and very attractive) Twilight Turquoise.

I would enjoy hearing details about the car.

Guest my3buicks

I looked at a beautiful 71 ultra low mileage Electra 225 years ago for sale in the Greensburg, PA area. Lost tack of that car, but it really was a beauty in that color.

Adam, here's all that we have to go on:

10319.jpg

I agree; Twilight Turquoise is a great color. It seems that the earth tones were so popular at the time that we seldom see great colors like 1971 Twilight Turquoise, Tealmist Gray, and Nocturne Blue.

Our family owned a twilight turuqoise 1971 LeSabre Custom 4 door hardtop, with a black vinyl roof and a black vinyl interior. Great color combination, much more distinctive than you can find today. Not the most reliable of Buicks, but still memorable. We also had a 1971 LeSabre Custom sedan in tealmist gray with a striking blue cloth interior. I especially enjoyed that car.

Not just that, Centurion. We had a total of 3 '71 LeSabre Customs, 2 4 door hardtops and a 4 door sedan. The Turq my dad bought new. Not a great car, it had all 8 pistons replaced within the first year and part of the a/c system. The black vinyl in at the top of the back seat eventually cracked due to the sun beating down through that huge back window. The grey sedan was purchased new by my grandfather. Within the first few years it was stolen and recovered a few weeks later in Chicago. By the time I had it, she was 10 years old, but the interior was still immaculate. That car was totalled by a drunk hit and run while I was driving it. The third one was dark green with a dark green vinyl roof and a green cloth interior. I have no idea of the color's name. That one was used, and it was my family's first loaded car, everything on it, and we called it the Boat. That one is only notable for smelling like roast turkey, due to something my mom spilled in it.

My dad was originally ordering a light blue Centurion 4 door, but he couldn't get it with a blue interior. My grandpa used to have a new Roadmaster and then Electra 225's every other year. Yeah, we've got quite a family history.

Sorry, nothing digital on those cars at all.

Guest my3buicks

Brian, Would Grandvilles have used the Tealmist gray(I'm sure not called that)? My Great Aunt had one that I used to keep waxed up for her that I am assuming is the color you are referring to, if so, it was a great color.

Redrob, great stories! That green one sounds like "Verdemist Green", which was another great color that we seldom see.

My parents bought my '71 Centurion new 33 years ago next month, so we also have a long-term history with the '71's.

Keith, I'm sure there was probably a Pontiac version of the "Tealmist Gray", although I do not specifically recall having seen one in that color. For that matter, I have only seen a handful of '71 Buicks in that color. Most of the '71's seem to be Sandpiper Beige (like mine) or Willowmist Green, which was a green/gold metallic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noted your response on another topic, and the photo that displays with your forum name shows an early '70's Electra 225. The photo is small, but I'm guessing a '71 model in the rarely-seen (and very attractive) Twilight Turquoise.

I would enjoy hearing details about the car. </div></div>

Sorry, it's not my car. You are correct, it is a 71 though. It was for sale this spring about 20 miles from me. It was a 1 family-owned car with 50k something miles, if I recall correctly. I found the ad/picture on Cars.com, but it was also on Ebay a couple of times too. I don't know if it ever sold. It was a nice looking car, and I wanted a pic to go with my user name, so I "borrowed" it.