1925 Moon. What is it worth?

ThomasBorchers

Tom: You pose an interesting question which most people who don't own Fords or other makes that are frequently sold face. The Moon was a mid priced car when new, $1200 to $1400 and is fairly rare to day. Because it is fairly rare there are not enough sales to establish a market. It becomes a buyers market when establishing a price. A 1924 roadster condition 3 sold at auction two years ago for under $10,000. A private sale of a touring for over $10,000. The 640 was the smaller of the Moons sold. Check and make sure the year is right, I thought 1924 was the last year for 640s. The quality on the Moon in the later A series had started to go down during this period. Your friend should buy it if he enjoys driving a car of this vintage as it is a good looking car and a good driver with four wheel brakes.<BR>Lots of luck. Jan, ps. I have a 1923 Moon 640 touring car.

Jan~~<BR>Thanks for your help.<BR>The year is correct for a 6-40 Newport. I saw it in the "Standard Catalog". I saw also at hemming that there is an offer for a 1926 Moon 660 convertible. $ 15.000,-.<BR>Yes, it is always hard to find out a price for these very rare cars but I am wondering that the prices are under or around the same as for Ford Model As.<BR>Now I have to convert the prices in USA for the German market.<BR>Thanks again.<P>Tom