Sign in to follow this  
CTW

Younger generation outlook on AACA?

I am 70 ,and have been around cars all my life! I got into the AACA in 1965,because Drag racing was not too family oriented. I am now involved with the Buick Club, because our local AACA has two groups,and if you are not accepted into one or the other, you are like a leper. The BCA has created divisions that cater to the younger people. They have a driving division, and a performance division. I go to all the BCA national meets, but I go primarily to see my friends, and go on the tour that is set up to enjoy our Buicks. I have put 100,000 miles on my 40 Buick and drive probably on average 10,000-15,000 miles a year in old Buicks. My children are interested in going fast, but so was I at their age, and I believe they will enjoy restored cars in their later years, just like I do. Everyone seems to worry about how to solve a problem that will eventually solve itself! Everything runs in cycles, and the old cars will never die.

One of the reasons I joined AACA last year is because of "the rules"

that value originality & preservation. There are plenty of clubs out there that cater to the modified cars. Don't dilute the philosophy of the AACA to please some outsiders. Judging by the 1600+ cars at Hershey this year, there is certainly no shortage of people who feel as I do. And yes, I drove my car 320 miles round trip to Hershey, and still came home with my Senior Award.

Not all AACA cars come on trailers.

By the way, I am 46 years old......