General question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the cut off years or ages for antique, classic and regular cars? </div></div>

It sounds facetious, but the answer to your question is almost <span style="font-style: italic">"What do you want them to be?"</span>

Most states and organizations recognize 25 years from the time of the model year introduction to be the cut-off for "antique" status. "Classic" is strictly in the eye of the beholder. The Classic Car Club of America recognizes what they now call their trademarked name "Full Classics" which are specified exclusive luxury cars built between 1925 and 1948. However "Classic" is whatever the user of the word wants it to be, so the meaning almost has to be deduced from context. If your question relates to a specific legal use of the term (i.e. Pennsylvania's "Classic Car" license plates), you must find <span style="font-style: italic">their</span> definition of the term (which will be unique to <span style="font-style: italic">their</span> needs.

Sorry, but that really is about the best you can do to define those terms. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. I wasn't trying to be mean. I have 2 cars I want to sell, 1 a '73 El Camino and the other is a '69 Riviera. For the adds I want to be accurate, but I don't want to mislead anyone. You answered questions I've always had, and never had an answer to, but now I think I understand. Thanks again for your help.

Alan