I need parts for my 1937 zephir engine

Hi

I have buy my 1937 LINCOLN zephir one year ago. It run very well, but i have had a little problem whit the timing gear.When i change it, i see than my engine must be rebuild.

So i need a crank-shaft or a complet engine.

Who can help me?

tank a lot for your answer

David

Sorry for my bad English... blush.gif

• 1 month later...

Dear Rolf, and David,

I don't know what you have heard about my prices but I can assure you that my work is indeed reputable. Please feel free to contact the grandson of the founder of Bridge Stone Tire Corporation. I rebuilt a 1936 engine, and drivetrain for him in Japan. There have been several articles written about this car, which has been in the family since in was new. Additionally, take a look at previous issues of "The Way of the Zephyr" for many articles I have written about my work. I have over 50 years of "hands on" experience with these vehicles more then anyone else currently working on these cars.

Again if I can be of some assistance feel free to email me at zephyr@shoreham. net and or give me a call at 802-948-2121.

Boy Rolf, I guess you were told huh?

Hey, is that Bridge Stone Tire Corporation in any way affiliated with Bridgestone Corporation, the company that manufactures tires and other "rubber" products under the Bridgestone and Firestone brands?

Is it impolite to blow your own horn if no one else does? confused.gif

I am sorry Dave, I was told what?? George has one happy customer?? That I am invited to question??? Where are the throngs of other happy customers I am sure are out there somewhere??? Those are the ones I wanted to hear from, I have never meant to discredit George, although I question his using this board as a sounding board for his business, but as long as no one minds, I welcome Erle Browne, Merv Adkins, Wehilan, and all the other Zephyr vendors to step in and make us aware of their wares too, Rolf

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

What's the problem here? I have not had work done by George, but I have bought parts from him and his prices are within a few cents of those charged elsewhere. His service is good and his advice sound. He is also able and willing to answer queries on-line (like this thread) which some of his competitors do not. The latter is important to me being across the pond and in a different time zone. I could phone around and save a few dollars on a range of parts, but its not worth it to me. Just this last week George has spent time and effort kindly answering a query of mine with only a slim chance of any business at the end of it. Thanks George.

If somebody has an issue take it up with the supplier and if not satisfied then use this list, but lets have specifics please, not a general thought that his prices may be, perhaps, a friend said, a bit high(ish). That's not really helpful to me.

Perhaps we can drop the subject - please?

Mike

Ok Mike to answer your question, there is no problem, I had heard that Georges prices for rebuilding engines were very high, in the 8-10K range, and I just wanted to hear some glowing testimonials from buyers of said engines that they were satisfied, and had received full value for their expenditure, I in no way am casting aspersions or demeaning George, I have never had any dealings with the man, have read his contributions in the magazine, and carry no grudge at all, and if I have hurt anyones feelings, it was inadvertent, and I apologize, geez!! Rolf

I have to agree with Mike. I have never met George personally, but have communicated with him extensively by phone and e-mail when I was searching for a 1939 Zephyr convertible to purchase. George has been very helpful, knowledgeable, and willing to share information without any prospect of selling anything to me. Now that I have the car and need parts (what a surprise!), I?m looking to George as a valuable resource. The old adage: "You get what you pay for" has a corollary: "You NEVER get what you DON'T pay for"! Quality always remains after the cost is forgotten. Perhaps this forum is an inappropriate place for these discussions, but since we're doing this I thought I should add my two cents. Now I'm putting away my soap box!

Guys, you have to read the entire post(s) and understand the nature of the comments. "George" registers less than a week ago and comes on like the guru and all knowing. Perhaps He is, but to poke a little fun like Rolf saying :

"...your glowing self appraisal may well be the gospel truth, but for the prices I have heard you charge for your work, I would really like to hear some testimonials from your customers, OK?? "

Now hearing that prices were high, and they actually being high could very well be two different things, and that is what was being asked, please give us some references as to your quality, experience and customer good will, much like you gentlemen have done, not an example in Japan with no way to contact.

Please, tis the holiday season and everyone needs to lighten up and keep up with their medication. As to Mikes' question "of what is the problem here?" read the following:

I have over 50 years of "hands on" experience with these vehicles more then anyone else currently working on these cars.

We offer many parts to rebuild Zephyrs. We are the most knowledgable people in the business and offer assistance in various languages

Does that sound like someone that attempts to ease in and gain credibility among the forum or did you hear the bugle charge?

Just lines that begged for someone to take shots and so shots were taken, no blood drawn, no fatalities.

8 posts, 2 selling, 1 buying, 5 advertising how good I am. grin.gif

and now you guys tell us He's good, that's good enough for me grin.gifgrin.gif

Gentlemen,

The reason I replied was I had not realized the forum existed and that I noticed people were seeking information and in some cases the information that they were receiving was less then useful although well intended. I felt that people should not have to search far and wide if there is someone out there that can give them the correct information. It may appear "self promoting" but as in every field there are some fields that are very good and some that are average. I don't happened be "super" in all of my life's endeavors but on the subject of Lincoln's (30's and 40's) I have not only historical knowledge but a practical knowledge going back to 1953. I probably get 1500 calls a year at least half are no orders but request for assistance. I don't charge for that service and I frequently do not get business but I do it nonetheless b/c I enjoy helping people and feel strongly for the preservation of these vehicles.

As far as monopolizing the forum you shouldn't worry b/c quite frankly I don't have the time although as interesting as it might be to get involved on the net as the phone and the rebuilding of engines keeps me busy.

As for my prices I suppose no-one will ever agree one way or another but my prices among all the vendors are very competitive. Furthermore, I know what I'm talking about and many other vendors in fact all of them refer questions from their customers to me and usually after they've bought the parts from that supplier. I don't hang up the phone.

As far as my prices for engines there is no-one stated price for an engine b/c of the many variables of years, conditions of internal parts and the customers wishes. Furthermore, all of my engines go out performing as close or better than the original factory engines.

Here are a few names for reference regarding my capabilities in rebuilding engines per your request.

The reason I gave the name of HIroshi Ishibashi was b/c his standards were extremely high and I was recruited among many other rebuilds and he was extremely pleased with the result. I did not mean for people to call him or write him necessarily b/c I would like to respect his privacy as would be the case with my other customers. Since I have no shortage of work I have not found in necessary to get testimonials.

BTW the names that I am listing all come from the LZOC club directory.

Hiroshi Ishibashi

Email: isbs@mars.dtinet.or.jp

Dale Monroe

Collinsville, CT

Rubel Shields

Louisville, KY

Happy Holidays!

George Trickett

Hey, if Phil Knapp, Diz and U.K.Mike say you are the real deal that's good enough for me and probably for Rolf too although I am by no means speaking for Him. smile.gif I don't think that what was meant was for you to supply blood, and urine samples, I think the reaction was to someone that some of us,(for what ever reason)had never dealt with arriving touting themselves as being all that could ever be. It seems that you may very well be all that.

I apologize for my jumping in and questioning your credentials. I would also invite you to contact the forum to have your expertise exposed on the suppliers page. Perhaps just with email contact so that the phone doesn't drive you nuts.

I was not inferring that you were trying to monopolize the forum but your arrival seemed more like the lion than the lamb and that it seemed a bit self serving and lacking humility. That being said let me make something clear, 1.)others of us are in the business of trying to monopolize this forum smirk.gif and 2.) when you are good, and I mean praise from the likes of this forum GOOD, you do NOT need to be humble, that's for sure. shocked.gif

.Welcome George, Happy Holidays, and I look forward to picking your brain and maybe spending some money with you for my 1948 Lincoln Continental Coupe and it's assorted needs.

Again welcome and I apologize if any offense was taken.