REO Cooling System Problem

I just placed this identical post on the tech forum. Decided to also put it here. We really need some HELP. We, the museum, would like to drive this vehicle in a few parades.

The AACA Museum has a 1929 REO hearse that has a severe problem with the external water jacket on the engine block. It is corroded and it has fallen apart when it was unbolted from the engine. The jacket was leaking and it was removed for repair. Now we need a new one. The old one is paper thin from corrosion.

The jacket is made out of aluminum, and it bolts to the engine via two nuts on the top and two on the bottom. The nuts thread onto studs. There is a nut at each corner.

NOTE: The water jacket, for lack of a better descriptive term, is on the left sideof the engine, near the top , center of the engine, and the upper radiator hose connects to the jacket. I have been told that this water jacket might be called a 'chrome neck'?

When the jacket is removed from the engine block , you can see into the internal engine block water jacket.

We also could use the outlet water pipe that exits the water back to the radiator from the water pump. It is also corroded.

Can anyone help? If so please contact the museum director and/or curator at the AACA Museum. You can also contact me directly at jimsiegfried49@earthlink.net (all lower case on my username)

Pat Foltz, executive director: PFoltz@AACAMuseum.org

Jeff Bliemeister, curator: JBliemeister@AACAMuseum.org