Merv Adkins

Keith L.

As some of you may know, Merv Adkins, a longtime club member and great guy, lives in Rancho Cucamonga, CA the scene of the devistating fire that has taking hundreds of homes. I don't know the path of the fire however, my prayer is that he and his family have come though this terrible ordeal safe. I know all of you join me in this thought.

Just gave Merv a phone call, he wasn't there, but there was a normal answer on the answering machine, suggested he get in touch with someone in the LZ world, as we are all concerned. Some of you may not know that his LZ property is in Pomona, right down town, so at least the majority of the Lincoln stuff is safe, and of course we all wish him the best, Rolf

Guest 40-41 connies

I had the pleasure of meeting with Mr. Adkins on October 22 at his shop and spent several hours with this fellow Lincoln owner. On that day as I flew into Ontario airport, I could see the smoke in the hills in the area. I attended the Breeders Cup horse races in Arcadia and left the area on Sunday the 26th. By the 26th the Ontario airport was completely closed down and the area was so smokey and ashes falling everywhere. His home is on the fringe of the mountains and was in harms way. I dont know if he had any damage to it. His shop is

several miles farther southwest.

• 2 weeks later...