Not sure what to do at this point ):

I have a 89 TC 2.2 sohc with 73k original miles. It has had intermintent white/bluish smoke out of the exhaust for several weeks. It would smoke for 5 mins then stop for a week at a time and a week ago started smoking all the time only at idle, once it gets to 1500 rpm the smoking would stop. It got so bad i had to repair before driving any more. I removed the head yesterday and the head gasket looked perfect. Upon draining the water though i've never seen this in 30 years of being around cars ( iam a auto body combo man by trade)

The water was pitch black and yet there is no water in the oil.

A very perplexing problem. I took the head to local machine shop to be pressure tested and awaiting results. In the mean time searching for a head gasket appears to be a great problem developing, I have called 2 local Chrysler dealerships and they are not optmistic on finding a headgasket.

I guess i have to make a decision on scrapping the car or pursuing a repair.

I was offered 3k for the front clip as the car is in very nice condition.

It appears there is no market to sell the car to get even half my investment back so parting out seems like the only way out of the car.

It has been a wonderful car to own/drive and will miss the fun i had.

If any one is looking for parts other than the front clip send me an e-mail and tell me what your looking for.

rmikelol@hotmail.com

the car is red/ginger both tops are very nice but latch mech is not working

TCless in Seattle

):

It turns out the head is cracked

Iam parting her out now and have sold some parts off it

if any one is needing parts email me at

rmikelol@hotmail.com

and tell me what your looking for

the hood/fenders/lights/bumper/ on the front have been sold and the convertable top also.

the rest of the car is straight and good paint (red)

interior is ginger and excellent condition except wear on driver seat and console cover is worn.

Mike

• 1 month later...