Looking for 26" Firestone clincher demountable rim

Guest stude8

What material is it made from? What is the overall diameter and the width of the wheel? If you could send me one of the rims I could probably fabricate a very authentic looking reproduction. It would at least be spot on to the one you sent me. I don't know how much it would cost. If you can really, really acurately describe it I can give you a estimate. I may have to have some parts custom made at a machine shop but I have a few favors owed so I could probably get a good deal. Let me know.

I figured out how to make a photo file small enough to fit the 100K size limit. Attached is a view of the rim, outer bead ring and bead ring retainer snap ring. (The snap ring is unlatched to show the end profile) There is also a fourth rim part, a wheel to rim clasp abutment ring that snaps onto the inside diameter of the rim but we only need these three items in the photo. Again this is to fit a 26" wood wheel. I can provide overall OD and widths if you have anything that looks similar.

For "Euro", you can see the detail of this arrangement, it wouldn't be an easy reproduction job. It would take significant tooling to form the rim, outer bead ring and the snap ring profiles. Then it would take some king of radius former to roll the 26" diameter in all three items. I have seen a few reproduction rims made up in recent times but they were much less complex rims and even at that the cost was pretty steep. Stude8

• 12 years later...