1939 Lincoln Zephyr Drve Train

My uncle in West Va has a complete drive train for sale for a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr. The engine is a V12, it has a 3 speed trans and a standard rear.He's located near Logan West Va and can be contacted at (304)938-0096. He says to call and make an offer. You have to pick it up from his house.

This drive train is very complete, has steel heads, distributor, generator, and everything else to make it run, The transmission and rear are complete too.. Can anyone give me a rough idea what all this is worth? I've searched and haven't found another complete drive train for sale anywhere. Thanks for any help you can give me. jscites@comcast.net

OK some new information. The engine was rebuilt and started but never street driven. Just run a bit to test it out. He just picked up the original engine that came in the car from the factory, not sure about that engine but the carb says Zephyr on it. Both engines are steel heads and the one in the car looks like new and is complete. They are sitting on the garage floor waiting for a new home.. Give my uncle a call and talk to him about them.

Ok here's the list. He has a complete "Fresh" V12 that's in the complete drive train. The transmission comes witht he shifter. He also has another complete engine that was the original engine in the car, this engine has a Carb and heads that say Zephyr on them. He wants $1500 for everything if you pick it up from his house in WVa. Call him at (304)938-0096. This sounds like a bargain to me, I just built an engine for my car and the machine work on the block was $1000.00.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine in OKC Oklahoma, just mentioned he is going to sell what seems to be a pretty decent V-12, has a easy to fix split in the water jacket area, but has good color on the pistons and combustion chambers, I will forward any inquiries to him, Rolf

I guess if we are going to use this site to advertise stuff for about 3 times what it is worth, I had better advise my friend with the V-12 to value it at about $3750, but I don't feel very good doing it, and hope it doesn't turn into that sort of a rip-off gouge, Rolf