Sign in to follow this  

Raffle for a Ford Model A!

[color:"red"] Click to Purchase Raffle Tickets [color:"blue"] or for questions email model_a.jpg <ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Raffle August 24th, 2003. Win this Beautiful Rich Burgundy, 2-door, 1930 Model A. The cars value is between $7000 and $10,000. This raffle is to support our Teen and Adult seminar programs at Insight New England.

Drives great, many recent repairs, body is in excellent condition and was just painted a few months ago. Currently the car runs fantastic. Tickets are $10 or 10 for $90. Visit to buy tickets!

You are entering a raffle. This is not a purchase. To be entered in the raffle you must complete payment prior to Friday August 22, 2003. The raffle will be held on Sunday August 24, 2003. If you win, you are responsible for picking up the car or arranging shipping.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

The link to this organization's web sight actually jumps to the site <span style="font-weight: bold">[color:"red"] (link removed by author, it's address was completely different from that in the original post) </span>. I don't know anything about this organization, which appears to run a series of "Conscious Living" seminars for people ages 6 and up. These seminars have titles like "Awakening Heart", "Opening the Heart", "Centering the Heart", and "Loving from the Inside Out". They may be very helpful for lots of people, so I will not disparage them in any way.

They do have a link to directly donate to their "Center for Conscious Living" via PayPal. <span style="font-style: italic">However and importantly</span>, at no point in their site can I find anything that says that this is a non-profit or tax deductible organization. This is an important consideration when buying raffle tickets. It should be clear if this is the case or not.

Now THAT decision betokens tremendous insight.

Sal.

I've removed the link in my post, which led to the same page. Also they've posted this thread in at least three other places on the forum.

==========================================================

It's about 2 hours since I posted this and I see now that the other 3 postings for this raffle have been deleted entirely.

I received an email about the raffle today at home from "Jacob" who states he is the director of the organization.

I assume I got this email because of my Model a Ford related website (www.erols.com/b-dwheeler)

In the email, it stated that it was a non-profit organization.. but as Dave said, there is absolutely no mention of being a non-profit organization on their website. The URL posted in the email was different from those posted here.

It may be a legit organization.. but to me it seemed like a bunch of "motivation" seminars..with minimum of three suggested (at $500 each).

Too many unknowns.... Think I'll pass.

Dave, I know about those other post, I checked and deleted them. I did save a copy of the post, with all links. I looked at there site and they are a franchise of something called World Insight for Mass. I also searched under google for them and found press releases for other car raffles over 6 years. I did not find anything about not for profit status, but it is not uncommon to set things up as not for profit and set yourself up with a big pay check and then contract out a bunch of services with another company that you or your buddy owns that is for profit.