Rim wanted for 1911 Cole Raceabout

Guest stude8

Guest stude8

Looking for a Firestone 34 x 4 (26") demountable rim to fit 1911 Cole Raceabout wood spoke wheel. Condition and price to "johns@lowrey.com". Looks like wheels on car in image. (Need one for spare tire) Thanks

• 2 years later...
Guest Silverghost

Hello!!! I am looking for a car just like your Cole Speedster!!! Is it possibly for sale??? I saw a Cole similar to yours sold in Philadelphia in 1974 at an auction and fell in Love with it!!! I was in college at that time and did not have the money!!!Do you know of any similar cars that might be for sale???

I always wanted a Brass Era Speedster...NOW is the time!!! I would like to talk speedsters with you ???

Brad Hunter

Huntingdon Valley Pa (Near Philadelphia)

1 215 947 4676

Silverghost1926@msn.com

• 9 months later...

Guy in Hemmings has a 1912 Cole Chassis for sale, but it is $17,500. Gald to see another Cole out there, Just lost out on a 1924 that was in Spring, Texas, rotted in a field. Found a 1914 Cole 30 Flyer sidelight and the owner didn't know what a Cole was, thought it was a carriage lamp. I should not have told them, now they won't sell it to me, Still looking for parts for a 1919 cole Aero 8 here.

• 1 month later...

Indianacarguy:

The 1911 Cole has moved on to greener pastures, it is now part of the Mozart collection in California and won an award at the Pebble Beach concours last August. It is being preserved in its surviving condtion and can be seen at the following photo gallery link :

http://www.supercars.net/Gallery?cmd=viewGallery&uID=119513&gID=910&pgID=11

The former Cole owner has now acquired another Indiana built car, a 1911 Knox (I know, they were built out East) with an Amplex body that was built in Mishawaka, IN. He is seeking photos of any other surviving 1911 Knox - Amplex or Amplex cars of that era with 50HP, 4 cylinder, 4 cycle engine.

Earlier Knox's had 2 cycle engines. Stude8