I hope I'm going to Hershey this year!

lump

I used to love going to Hershey and setting up a little booth years ago, until my career shifted and I was hit with a serious schedule conflict. Last time I was there was about 40 years ago, when I set up across from Jon the Carburetor King and Kanter Auto Products in the (blue?) field. The other two fields were the red field and the white field. 

Various health issues for my wife and I could possibly worsen, which would hold me back. But I am really hopeful. I hope to meet some of you there. Wish me luck!! 

• Like 8

I hope you can make it too. The memories of the experience and the seeing of people in person is what kept me going after some serious health issues  and surgery the very end of 2017 - I was determined to make the 2018 Hershey and did and have been back ever since.

• Like 4

Best wishes Lump - hope you make it as well. 

An off year for us this year - on the plus side our son is getting married a few weeks after Hershey but Mrs. Mack has a foot issue that would keep her from walking much which will get addressed via minor surgery after the wedding, and work couldn't be busier.  So I decided to pass.. ☹️

Getting close now!  Happy hunting and selling!  👍😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lump said:

Both, I hope. I want to sell some of my radiator badges and brass items, etc. But I plan to close down after a few hours, and shop and enjoy seeing the show. 

Hope you get there. Let me know your space numbers and I'll drop by to say hi. I could use a few more brass items too. Will Also have friends there who collect badges and emblems.

Terry

17 hours ago, lump said:

I used to love going to Hershey and setting up a little booth years ago, until my career shifted and I was hit with a serious schedule conflict. Last time I was there was about 40 years ago, when I set up across from Jon the Carburetor King and Kanter Auto Products in the (blue?) field. The other two fields were the red field and the white field. 

Various health issues for my wife and I could possibly worsen, which would hold me back. But I am really hopeful. I hope to meet some of you there. Wish me luck!! 

Since the fields are now all asphalt or concrete, better take a can of dirt and some water; so you can make a little mud! ;)

Jon

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, carbking said:

Since the fields are now all asphalt or concrete, better take a can of dirt and some water; so you can make a little mud! ;)

Jon

LOL, Jon! I recently watched that old VHS video you and your father filmed of me making mud dams on my knees in the driving rain, trying to divert that muddy "river" around the front of my booth, instead of directly through the middle of it! 😄

I have several more videos that Dad shot around the same time period at Hershey; but much of these videos is taken right out my space, and features my company. Mother and Dad also visited the Hershey garage sales, and there is some footage of these. Since a lot of it is personal, I enjoy it, but not sure others would. A little more than 3 GB.

There are shots of the Kantor setup, Stan Coleman's space, and Tom Hannaford's (AAPC) space. We sold carb kits to all of these, so Dad got them in the videos.

If anyone wants to waste $20 on a thumb drive and priority mail; PM me with the fact that you want one, your mailing address, and a telephone number. The years 1987, 1988, and the 1990 mud edition are included. I will call with payment instructions, and get one in the mail to you.

Jon

On 9/25/2024 at 11:11 AM, carbking said:

I have several more videos that Dad shot around the same time period at Hershey; but much of these videos is taken right out my space, and features my company. Mother and Dad also visited the Hershey garage sales, and there is some footage of these. Since a lot of it is personal, I enjoy it, but not sure others would. A little more than 3 GB.

There are shots of the Kantor setup, Stan Coleman's space, and Tom Hannaford's (AAPC) space. We sold carb kits to all of these, so Dad got them in the videos.

If anyone wants to waste $20 on a thumb drive and priority mail; PM me with the fact that you want one, your mailing address, and a telephone number. The years 1987, 1988, and the 1990 mud edition are included. I will call with payment instructions, and get one in the mail to you.

Jon

Will do, Jon!