Early cabinet photo what is it?

KRK Sr.

I have no idea what make it is, but it appears to have a 1906 Pennsylvania plate.

The mechanicals look to be rigidly mounted on the chassis with the body mounted above on springs.

I see no sign of a radiator. The main controls are on the column - no brake or shift lever visible on the floor.

Thanks for the replies, I could not remember seeing the front axle arrangement like this one before. I sure like the lights and horns. I found this one with a quick google search. I wonder if it is the same car.

24994756-1-16.jpgtmpheadlinetop.185left.

1904 Crestmobile Model D | Classic Driver Market

1904 Crestmobile Model D 8½hp Four-seater Rear-Entrance Tonneau
Registration no. BS 8140
Chassis no. 412

Based at Cambridge, Massachusetts, the Crest Manufacturing Company first produced gasoline engines before venturing into car production, 'manufacturing all the parts to construct automobiles'. Crest first demonstrated its capability to do so in 1900, offering a three-wheeler initially, but by 1901 had settled for a four-wheeled, front-engined design to become known as the 'Crestmobile'. The first Crestmobiles were single-cylinder, chain-driven two-seaters - Models A, B and C - all of which had air-cooled engines although of varying power outputs. Shaft drive had been adopted by 1903 and a new 8½hp single-cylinder model introduced in 1904, but Crest was slow to adapt to changing expectations within the emerging market for powered transport, where multi-cylinder designs were becoming the norm, and folded in 1905.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1