Voltage regulator

19 hours ago, mobileparts said:

West ,

Are you looking for *** N.O.S. *** FOMOCO *** ONLY ????

Or is ( Aftermarket ) *** U.S.A.  made *** sufficient ????

I have U.S.A.  made , I would have to " phone a friend " to see if he has a FOMOCO , by chance....

Craig....

The car is completely restored, but it's been 40 years since it scored 100 points. It's basically a driver now, so I think just a working replacement would be okay. What is the correct number for the unit? What would be the part number for a replacement?

If you replace the old generator with one of the newer alternators with builtin voltage regulator you'll be a lot happier!  They even make the new alternators housed in what appears to be the old generator housing for that 'original' look!  Mine works great!   And the alternators keep the batter charged at idle speed of the engine where as the generators need some 1000 RPM to put out enough voltage to charge the battery!

Edited by Ray500 (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Ray500 said:

If you replace the old generator with one of the newer alternators with builtin voltage regulator you'll be a lot happier!  They even make the new alternators housed in what appears to be the old generator housing for that 'original' look!  Mine works great!   And the alternators keep the batter charged at idle speed of the engine where as the generators need some 1000 RPM to put out enough voltage to charge the battery!

I see several out there. Can you post a link to exactly which one you installed?