1971 International 1210 Travelette short bed 4x4

We picked up this International on August 1, 2024.  It was parked in 1984 and remained in the same spot for 40 years.  It was originally owned by a local logging company and was the owner's personal pickup.  

The truck came from the factory painted School Bus Yellow with a white roof then the areas around the windows were painted white and the hood painted dark green to match the logging company colors.  The truck is loaded with a 392 V8, automatic transmission, FA-18 Front Axle with Tie Rod Protector, RA-17 Rear Axle with Trac Lok, Dual Tanks, Deluxe Exterior Trim, Chrome Front Bumper, Chrome Hub Caps, Cab Lights, West Coast Mirrors, Sliding Rear Window, Dark Green Custom Interior Trim, Tinted Glass, AM Radio, Air Conditioning, Bucket Seats, Power Steering & Brakes. The truck had the original fleetside bed on it until sometime in the early 1980s when it was replaced with the loggers box as seen in the picture. My oldest son has wanted one of these for a long time and plans on doing a complete restoration in the logging company's colors.

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

DSC03098.jpeg

• Like 4

Both of your IH's look really good. I am glad I am not the only one that will drag a pile of scrap metal out of a mountain of weeds and see that there is a vehicle underneath it all. Yours make me feel a little better about my next project. I live in a farm community and there was a large IH tractor dealership in town forever. They always had at least one new truck for sale.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Being a owned by a logging company and having virtually no rust, I take it you're in the Northwest? I knew a guy in the 80's when I lived in Portland that had one of those. It wasn't as well optioned as this one. It was cool truck though. 

On 9/17/2024 at 7:38 PM, Mat Shelton said:

The truck does need some rust repair in the common areas.  I am on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

Help us help you.

First, empty the glove compartment.  Then, push in the spring clips on each side and let it swing down 180 deg., and see if the Line Setting Ticket is still in place.  That will have ALL the information you'll need to know about your new truck.  It will show the engine/transmission combination, trim, options, colors, etc.

Craig

• Like 1

Hi Craig,

We found the Line Setting Ticket there a few weeks ago but thanks anyway.  The truck came from the factory painted School Bus Yellow with an Alpine White roof and dark green interior, the logging company colors.  

Mat

4 hours ago, Mat Shelton said:

Hi Craig,

We found the Line Setting Ticket there a few weeks ago but thanks anyway.  The truck came from the factory painted School Bus Yellow with an Alpine White roof and dark green interior, the logging company colors.

Do you have a photo of it.   Appears it was special ordered.

Craig

Extremely interesting Line Setting Ticket!  Not very often one sees and LST that's two pages.

Bucket seats w/console and air conditioning weren't common in light trucks until much later in the decade.  Great that it survives.

Kiewit still special orders 5-ton Internationals in School Bus Yellow. 

Their light trucks are Fords with a black hood and front.

23_F150_PK_01.jpg

23_F150_PK_02.jpg

• Like 1

We were surprised when we found out the truck had so many options but it was the owners personal pickup.  My dad's 1968 GMC had bucket seats but no a/c.  I actually don't remember anyone in our area having a/c in a pickup back then until sometime in the late 1980s.  Thanks for sharing the Ford pickup picture and window sticker, I thought IH might have painted the hood dark green on our truck but that was done afterwards. 

If you go to post #162 on this page there is a picture of our truck taken in 1972.  https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/rivers-inlet-other-malloch-moseley-operations.43423/page-9

Mat

Yours is about the second-most well equipped International light truck I've seen from the 1969-75 era.

The most well equipped light truck I've seen thus far was a '74 regular cab that was fully loaded with a 401 AMC engine, disc brakes, a/c, electric clock, AM/FM radio, what amounted to a Scout Terra interior with buckets & console like yours and a 3-spoke sports steering wheel and anything that could be had in chrome was chromed as per the LST, which was almost a full two-pager.  It was yellow and white with the 'maize' cornbinder graphics along each side within the white portion.  I would not be surprised if it was built for an auto & truck show circuit for that year, and then sold off later.  I saw it in 1986 on a worksite, and never saw it again.  The owner was pulling a welding trailer with it, and I couldn't spent too much time looking it over as I was delivering construction materials at the time, though he took enough time to let me see the LST.  Of course, I didn't have a camera with me, and iphones were still concepts then.

Craig

I am not familiar with those maize graphics.  I found a '74 half ton last year that had a 401 4 speed with a/c.  

I bought this green '74 Camper Special in 2010.  Besides the obvious it had Custom Interior Trim, 392 auto, a/c, am/fm radio, clock, Tilt Wheel & Cruise Control.  It's the only pickup I have seen with cruise control.  

1974 IH 200 008.jpg

• Like 3

I wish I could locate that yellow & white Maize package truck, but that was 1986 when I saw it, and being a welder's work vehicle then, it most likely got scrapped 😟.  It also had tilt and cruise control to go along with that Scout Rallye steering wheel.  

Craig

9 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I wish I could locate that yellow & white Maize package truck, but that was 1986 when I saw it, and being a welder's work vehicle then, it most likely got scrapped 😟.  It also had tilt and cruise control to go along with that Scout Rallye steering wheel.  

Craig

I would like to see that one.  I am trying to find a picture of those maize graphics.  

On 9/24/2024 at 3:16 PM, Mat Shelton said:

I would like to see that one.  I am trying to find a picture of those maize graphics.  

I keep my hopes up in that it will suddenly appear at a show'n'shine one day!!

I was fortunate enough to have found in 2020, with the help of a Forum member here what was most likely the only Studebaker Diesel 2-ton sold new in Alberta.  

Craig

• Like 1