windshield seals

hihoss

I am reaching out to see if anyone has any info on the windshield of my truck. I have a 1932 Depot Hack which is a dodge F-10 chassis with the firewall and push out windshield from Dodge. The body is as best as I can determine is Cantrell. I am currently trying to get the windshield surround correct. The windshield has a "T" track around it and I have what I assume is the correct seal to slide into there. I am looking for any info on what, if anything goes on the cowl frame around the windshield space.  Is there anything else that goes into the cowl frame around the windshield. I have a rubber seal pop riveted in right now but that is coming out. There was also some double bead hood lace attached to the bottom of the cowl under the windshield. Anyone with some pictures of a 1931-32 Depot Hack, f-10 or maybe uf-10 windshield area that can be posted would be great.

20240709_100619.jpg

Edited by hihoss (see edit history)

Thanks for the help. My gap on the sides looks like yours just shy of the 3/4 tee so the seal will seal nicely on the frame. how Did you attach the square rubber? I had double bead hood lace on the bottom that does not touch the windshield frame. There are holes down into the cowl from the lace, on the sides are holes into the cab with currently 1/2 round rubber pop riveted in, soon to be removed. 

Again thanks for the help  

20240714_170433.jpg

20240714_170438.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-14 170853.png

18 hours ago, hihoss said:

Thanks for the help. My gap on the sides looks like yours just shy of the 3/4 tee so the seal will seal nicely on the frame. how Did you attach the square rubber? I had double bead hood lace on the bottom that does not touch the windshield frame. There are holes down into the cowl from the lace, on the sides are holes into the cab with currently 1/2 round rubber pop riveted in, soon to be removed. 

Again thanks for the help  

20240714_170433.jpg

20240714_170438.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-14 170853.png

Looks like a neat truck. You have any pictures to share with fellow collectors?

Ah now I get it thanks tom. Do you have anything on the frame sides that the windshield rest against? I currently have a rubber seal pop riveted there, Pictured above.  I was wondering if there was something there originally or did someone drill holes for the pop rivets? I see on yours there is cowl lace on the bottom. I have that but the windshield bottom doesn't come close to it.     

Your welcome . Yes Tee slot is all around, holes where not to be there .You can see same tee rubber coming down side with holding segment cut to edge of frame , note my finger holding it out to see lap . Flap let to bottom of lower seal ( Lap Joint ) . Tried mitered joint first , did not like gape when pulled closed .

The 1/4 " rubber is just pushed in 3/16" slot , guess you could glue or double face tape  . Did not install mine yet as cowl needs to be remove to do back .Only put 3 little pieces to not have metal rubbing .

Tom; when you close the windshield with the seal on all 3 sides does it close in all the way?  The seal I have is different profile then yours. image.png.ab8f2fe3b02dee53435327ae35245d99.png

image.jpeg.1a87b36296d992af8004c184d7c9da9d.jpeg Its in the track but holds the windshield from seating all the way into the frame channel because it real stiff. I am wondering if the one you have has the same affect? its sitting proud about 3/8"  at the bottom. 

Thanks

Yes , all is inside outer frame . Look at my first photo , sorry about up side down . You can see reveal on side and bottom.You can also note original inspection sticker .

CORRECTION  RUBBER DOES NOT CARRY INSIDE FRAME . sorry my miss understanding

Edited by ArticiferTom
error in meaning (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

yep I saw the sticker. Nice touch.  Where did you get your window seal? (for the track). I may need to change. Did your seal slide into the windshield frame? The one I have now would not slide around, I had to poke it into the channel bit by bit. 🤪

In the picture it looks like the separation is very small on the bottom. How did the seal not be poking out? 

Its nice to talk to someone else with the same vehicle. is yours an UF or an F 10? 4 or 6 cylinder? How is your oil pressure? Still 6V?  Do you have a function, original ignition with the coil mounted to the back of the key switch?

Thanks

Edited by hihoss (see edit history)

I see in the pic it's 3/4" long. Can you give me the width of the top of the "T". 

Also do you have low oil pressure? Mine is supposed to be 35 when warmed and crusing but I get around 15. 

The top is 1/4". I will gladly send you a piece for you to try ,free . PM me address, do you still have messenger on your cell , received no  response . I AM SECOND GUESSING MINE AFTER SEEING YOURstee.jpg.c6f314c75be99f588f39ebfe7d998b9f.jpg. mine seals on outside , maybe should be 1/4" shorter to go in to frame.

Your pressure bypass should max at 45lbs. Hot engine going on throttle 30mph should be 30lbs.,per BOI . My idle drops that low also , currently use 10w-30 diesel grade .