TC Maserati Radio/Speaker issues- help needed

I’ve got a 1990 TC and having radio issues.  First issue was the radio would not turn off.  When you press the power button it would cycle on and off about 2 times  second and make the antenna go up and down like crazy.  It would usually turn ON with no issues but would freak out when you try to turn off. Then the next time you turn the car on it would cycle like crazy.  I pulled the antenna fuse to save it the stress and then the radio power button seemed to get better.  I then sprayed some Deoxit contact cleaner around the switch and now the power on and off seems to work Ok.  Does it push up for on and down for off or is it just a simple push once for on and once again for off? 

Next issue is of the 8 speakers, the 4 “rear” ones are working (but one of the in floor woofers is blown) and none of the 4 front ones are working.  Thought it might be a head unit issues so swapped in two other Mopar radios but they all do the same thing- no sound from the door or dash speakers.  Are all 4 front speakers likely to be dead or could it be another issue?  Next… how does one remove the door and the rear floor speakers and the dash tweeters?  

Next question: what is the deal with the 4 wires on infinity speakers?  If I go to “2 terminal” replacement speakers what do I do with the two extra wires?  I do have some used Infinity speakers from a late 80’s Caravan and a 2000 T&C van, maybe those will drop in?    Or maybe I can repair some of the original speakers?  Does anyone have a link to this Allpar Infinity repair guide I have seen mentioned?   Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2024 at 5:19 AM, cjmarzoli said:

I’ve got a 1990 TC and having radio issues.  First issue was the radio would not turn off.  When you press the power button it would cycle on and off about 2 times  second and make the antenna go up and down like crazy.  It would usually turn ON with no issues but would freak out when you try to turn off. Then the next time you turn the car on it would cycle like crazy.  I pulled the antenna fuse to save it the stress and then the radio power button seemed to get better.  I then sprayed some Deoxit contact cleaner around the switch and now the power on and off seems to work Ok.  Does it push up for on and down for off or is it just a simple push once for on and once again for off? 

Next issue is of the 8 speakers, the 4 “rear” ones are working (but one of the in floor woofers is blown) and none of the 4 front ones are working.  Thought it might be a head unit issues so swapped in two other Mopar radios but they all do the same thing- no sound from the door or dash speakers.  Are all 4 front speakers likely to be dead or could it be another issue?  Next… how does one remove the door and the rear floor speakers and the dash tweeters?  

Next question: what is the deal with the 4 wires on infinity speakers?  If I go to “2 terminal” replacement speakers what do I do with the two extra wires Maserati Repair?  I do have some used Infinity speakers from a late 80’s Caravan and a 2000 T&C van, maybe those will drop in?    Or maybe I can repair some of the original speakers?  Does anyone have a link to this Allpar Infinity repair guide I have seen mentioned?   Thanks! 

I have a 2011 Maserati Granturismo with the Bose system and I believe I am in need of having my amplifier repaired. I am not getting any sound from the Radio. The screen and radio does still work and does show the song playing but do not get any sound. I still do hear the parking sensor alert sounds and other sounds, just not my radio/music. I did check fuse F39 in the pull down compartment by the steering wheel as well as fuse F54 in the trunk by the battery. I also pulled out the radio to check the 15amp fuse behind it and all are ok. Is there any other areas or places I am missing to check on a fuse or anything else, before going the route of getting a whole new amp? And if it is the amp, any options in regards to that area? Any updated advise/recommendations would helpful and appreciated. Thank you

2 hours ago, michaelmackay said:

I have a 2011 Maserati Granturismo with the Bose system and I believe I am in need of having my amplifier repaired. I am not getting any sound from the Radio. The screen and radio does still work and does show the song playing but do not get any sound. I still do hear the parking sensor alert sounds and other sounds, just not my radio/music. I did check fuse F39 in the pull down compartment by the steering wheel as well as fuse F54 in the trunk by the battery. I also pulled out the radio to check the 15amp fuse behind it and all are ok. Is there any other areas or places I am missing to check on a fuse or anything else, before going the route of getting a whole new amp? And if it is the amp, any options in regards to that area? Any updated advise/recommendations would helpful and appreciated. Thank you

What’s with this 2011 Maserati Granturismo showing up here? I think this guy is lost. We are from the stone-age here with our ‘89-91 TC by Maserati cars. Is this a sequel  to the movie ‘BACK TO THE FUTURE’’ ?

Edited by Hemi Dude
Lost in space? (see edit history)