1947 Buick Roadmaster 62 $4,000

Seems like a pretty good start for $4K. I got an error messge when I tried to get the contact number. 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/north-lakewood-1947-buick-roadmaster-62/7755644496.html

it runs and drives and stops . It will need new tires and a few other things to be road worthy tough The floorboards and trunk are solid . Has a new clutch and master cylinder . I believe it is the original paint but not sure about that . Straight eight cylinder engine with a three speed manual transmission . You can call me with any questions at show contact info Mike . It is a land line so I I don't get text messages only calls.

01010_8MO7Bsf0P2S_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00606_7moCJcdm28m_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00303_fYLZPAU3PCd_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00c0c_aLTmHR94gf4_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00a0a_clLWd2j7tUO_0ak07K_600x450.jpg1947 Buick Roadmaster 62 sires 1

20 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

It rains in Washington ..I heard its abnormal when it does not rain .

That depends on where you are. We're in Bremerton (50 inches plus/minus a year), but drive 2 hours East, and it's less than 10 inches of rain. Pick your poison.

Seems like a fair price. Too bad the seller wasn't more forthcoming about what it needs to be roadworthy. Good to hear the clutch has been replaced, no small feat on a torque tube car.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gottleib37 said:

That is a photo of the album cover for Mitch Ryder's Band 'Detroit' from 50-odd years ago.

Which I have owned on vinyl, 8-track and CD.🙂 Always thought using the Buick on the cover art was genius. Even if it was built in Flint!

Even Lou Reed, who wrote it, said Ryder's version was the definitive version of "Rock and Roll".

I have a story from my high school years about a brief time spent working (hanging out really) at the local small town radio station. We opened our airtime every night with Detroit's "Rock and Roll" and often closed it with the version from Reed's "Rock and Roll Animal". Even though we couldn't compare, we patterned our 8-10pm air shift after the legendary WQDR in Raleigh NC.

And when the station owner's son (and the other three of us) graduated high school in 1974 and went off to college, our little small-town rocknroll radio show quietly went away.