1941 Lincoln Continental, Pebble Beach 2013 First in Class $89,500

Most of the time if the ad says "show winner" they are referring to a show put on by the local Boy Scout Troop.

Pebble Beach is impressive, is it $90K worth? Sad to see that even at Pebble, they can't escape the gangster vibe. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1941-lincoln-continental/7755757008.html

Near perfect concours restoration. Authenticity - primary focus in restoration.
• Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance winner 2013 First in Class
• Best in Show Palo Alto Concours d’Elegance at Stanford 2011 (nearly 300 high quality participants)
• First in Class Niello Concours at Serano 2016
• Numerous First place awards in west coast states Concours events 2010-2018
Available with or without the 24' Enclosed trailer. Actual mileage is unknown

email:   c9cae90610603e09900bba7ef5deb46c@sale.craigslist.org

1941 Lincoln Continental 100X0X_iGcFRJ4FUHC_0CI0pQ_600x450.jpg00E0E_hY5uz7NtcFv_0CI0pL_600x450.jpg00q0q_lgukDV9FQZN_0A80r6_600x450.jpg

Nice car.........the asking price is 20 cents on the dollar for a restoration, and the car is free. Can't buy much of any open car that is 100 points for that money. 

• Like 2

I think they can be forgiven the Godfather reference -- it's much more specific and appropriate in this case than the usual gangster talk.  Also, for anyone who's curious, for the same price of $89K, you can get Sonny Corleone's actual car!

https://www.uniqueclassiccars.com/vehicles/5064/1941-lincoln-continental-the-godfather-sonny-s-bullet-car

1941_Lincoln_Continental.jpeg.d3f91f758228f11d48a3f3b250a8be64.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/12/2024 at 5:10 PM, neil morse said:

I think they can be forgiven the Godfather reference -- it's much more specific and appropriate in this case than the usual gangster talk.  Also, for anyone who's curious, for the same price of $89K, you can get Sonny Corleone's actual car!

https://www.uniqueclassiccars.com/vehicles/5064/1941-lincoln-continental-the-godfather-sonny-s-bullet-car

1941_Lincoln_Continental.jpeg.d3f91f758228f11d48a3f3b250a8be64.jpeg

Somebody can't aim for nothing, from what I see. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

Somebody can't aim for nothing, from what I see. 

Have you ever fired a Thompson? Once they get going... you're lucky to be able to hit the car😄.

3 hours ago, BillinMd said:

Have you ever fired a Thompson? Once they get going... you're lucky to be able to hit the car😄.

Sounds like a pretty useless device then.   Remember Bubba's comment after he shot the jukebox:  " I hit just where I was aimin".  

I haven't ever shot a Thompson, but I did shoot the weapon that replaced it: The M3 Grease Gun. Only three moving parts, and that's if you count the bullet! We were told it was produced to the same performance specification as the Thompson, which meant that "50% of the bullets would hit within 6 foot square at 50 yards".  Not exactly a tight grouping. 

th?id=OIP.i9oHLtdikm_wjnsqWOwPCAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

• Like 3

On 6/15/2024 at 10:45 AM, Leif in Calif said:

I haven't ever shot a Thompson, but I did shoot the weapon that replaced it: The M3 Grease Gun. Only three moving parts, and that's if you count the bullet! We were told it was produced to the same performance specification as the Thompson, which meant that "50% of the bullets would hit within 6 foot square at 50 yards".  Not exactly a tight grouping. 

th?id=OIP.i9oHLtdikm_wjnsqWOwPCAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

I was actually issued one of these as a tanker in Korea in 1991.  You basically are throwing bullets out of a bucket. When I found an opening with the mortar guys I swapped it for an M1 Carbine. The crap that was still on the books in the arms rooms amazed me.

• Like 1