1941 Packard 120 2nd Gen Woodie Project - $28,500

Here's a great project for the true optimist's! Just think: identical to "2010 Gooding Pebble Beach Car"! 

more pics in ad....

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/phoenix-1941-packard-120-2nd-gen-woodie/7751509449.html

Here’s an opportunity to create your own very desirable Packard Woodie.
PHOTO included displays the ACTUAL wood package included.
Arizona Title - Always an AZ Car "Ran and Drove when Parked" This is a lifetime Arizona car.
Includes all plastic castings, knobs, dash, chrome, etc. 47,000 Original Miles
Packard Straight 8 “Ran When Parked” (about 20 years ago)
In addition to the large sedan here, all the wood for the woodie conversion kit is INCLUDED and it is pre-fit. (Was created of another car and fitted up, then disassembled for storage. Woodie package is the same as the 2010 Gooding Pebble Beach Car   email:  530a47642762304ab584b055f17e67ae@sale.craigslist.org 

1941 Packard 120 2nd Gen Woodie Project 100J0J_e3iFPRE9vyj_1320MM_600x450.jpg00l0l_jtUkBdPuUYh_1320MM_600x450.jpg00W0W_leyz1bSGQ5A_1320MM_600x450.jpg01010_hvnsjmdcbIx_1320MM_600x450.jpg00u0u_droOG9jxM5A_1320MM_600x450.jpg

Posted (edited)

I owned and drove a 1941 series 120 Hercules station wagon for decades, it had its own unique seat frames and cushions , where would someone get those to fit to a recreated car.? had nothing to do with the seat frames used by any sedan.Also the metal hardware for the tailgate rear window, hinges for that, hinges for the doors  , dome light . If I recall correctly ( haven't looked at it in decades) there was a separate body parts list for the station wagons ( both on the 110 and 120 chassis) that was specific to the station wagons since the body was not made by Packard.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have building a wood bodied car on my bucket list. This looks like it would be a great DIY kit. But there obviously has been a lot that has happened to that motor since it last ran 20 years ago. AND the picture of the wood wagon in the top photo doesnt look very good to me. Maybe its just the pics. I will continue my hold out for a better wood project, LOL.

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 4:03 PM, Walt G said:

If I recall correctly ( haven't looked at it in decades) there was a separate body parts list for the station wagons ( both on the 110 and 120 chassis) that was specific to the station wagons since the body was not made by Packard.

I have a copy of the Hercules parts list if anyone wants it. My list is for 1940, not 1941. 

Edited by Shootey (see edit history)

On 6/1/2024 at 4:52 PM, TAKerry said:

I have building a wood bodied car on my bucket list. This looks like it would be a great DIY kit. But there obviously has been a lot that has happened to that motor since it last ran 20 years ago. AND the picture of the wood wagon in the top photo doesnt look very good to me. Maybe its just the pics. I will continue my hold out for a better wood project, LOL.

Wise move! You're right, the picture doesn't look good....at all, and I'd bet heavily that it looks a lot worse in person. I have a hard time believing that car went to Pebble Beach. I'm not sure I'd haul this thing away if it were free.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewOldWood said:

I have a hard time believing that car went to Pebble Beach. I'm not sure I'd haul this thing away if it were free.

They claimed the car in the picture was at an auction at Pebble during Car Week...not at the concours.