1955 Chevrolet hardtop, not mine.

"Not a rust bucket."

443005693_729281126081483_4888195336897684902_n.jpg

The advantage is you can get everything needed to restore a 1955 Chevrolet.

This appears to have been a six-cylinder three-speed car. Restored as original it could be a very nice and interesting car. We all know it will likely never be restored to as-built, and will be just another modified and "personalized" Tri-Five Chevy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

El Minto!

Scrap parts car dragged out of a wrecking yard I'm guessing. But for the  cost of trying to make a decent driver out of this mess one could buy a 55 Bel Air completely road ready( or close )out of an all too common estate sale auction  just about any weekend from one of my com padres whose gone! For far less less than it will take to make it on the road. Let's face it, most 50's car guys already have one done to their liking, stock, hot rod, resto mod ,rat rod, etc. At close to 70 yrs old I'm only looking at turn key!

• Like 1

Really the only way a young person can step into the dream car, or a car they have always wanted. Most 20-30 year olds are pay check to pay check. Finding a 55 hardtop for 5K does not happen that often. No way a young person can sign up for car payments on a vintage car on the finished end. I remember saving up to make a foolish purchase on a project car. That trip was expensive.😂🤨

84BDF66E-29EE-4A79-A8A4-0437D7E7B12A.jpeg

• Like 2