Need rear console light assembly for my '64

Looks like PO left me a parting gift - I just noticed this hole burned in the lens cover at the back of my console.  There was a large bulb (1004) in there instead of the little size 53 it should have had.  The big bulb was actually in contact with the back of the lens.  Over time it has melted the hole you see.

Anybody have one of these they could part with?  Or know where I could get one?  Looks like the lens is essentially an integral part of the light assembly.

Thanks all,

MrFreeze

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 5:16 AM, Loren@65GS.com said:

Available on eBay through bestoffercounts.

Link: 1963 1964 1965 Buick Riviera Rear Console Lens Courtesy Light Lens Back Light | eBay

Loren@65GS.com

მინდა ვიყიდო 1963 წლის Buick Riviera უკანა კონსოლის ლინზების თავაზიანობის ლინზების უკანა შუქი და მოხარული ვარ, რომ ვიპოვე შენი პოსტი, სადაც ვიპოვე ჩემი პასუხი. გმადლობთ, რომ გაგვიზიარეთ. ასევე მინდა დაგეხმაროთ ucxouri kazinoebi საიტის გაზიარებით. თუ მოგწონთ ონლაინ კაზინოს თამაშების თამაში, მაშინ შეგიძლიათ ეწვიოთ მოცემულ ბმულს, სადაც მარტივად იპოვით იმ საიტებს, რომლებითაც შეგიძლიათ ფულის გამომუშავება.

Thanks for the link, you made my day :)

Edit: I bought a 1963 Buick Riviera rear console lens courtesy light lens back light.

Edited by LoisAlameda (see edit history)

Gents, I happened to have an original lens is very good condition. I sent the. Original lens to Mr Freeze as an accommodation for a very good customer. ( I usually do not give parts away, but in some cases it is the right thing to do, sometimes) 

Turbinator

Bob, thanks again for your consideration.  I am looking forward to getting my console back together.

You wouldn't happen to have the light bulb socket and pigtail for the glove box light, would you?  Mine is MIA since the PO removed the glove box and installed an aftermarket stereo in there.

MrFreeze

Mr Freeze, in my 63 there is a light that is clipped through a whole in the glove box where a light shines through a neato crystal. That’s one light.

The second light is outside the glove box and shines down on the glove box door.

Please clarify which one you want.

Bob

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Turbinator said:

a light that is clipped through a whole in the glove box where a light shines through a neato crystal.

Folks keep referring to a crystal.

I dug into my dash with a goal of replacing glove box lid and liner.

I found this dangling behind/beneath the dash - is this correct? Is it the lamp for inside the glove box?

Also - I can't figure out how to get to the bulb - I think it needs replacing

image.jpeg.842bb7f94cb0859dcdecdf8e9b1fdbe0.jpeg

/

/

image.jpeg.73fefed37646132065db9d9f81c8ff07.jpeg

Edited by Craig Balzer (see edit history)

For those of you who have an original box that has started to sag, Buick offered a metal U channel that slipped over the box to square it up. Chances of finding an original are probably somewhere between slim and none. But you can probably find a good substitute at a hardware store. 

There were two styles of glove box lights. The rectangular one as shown and a round one. 

Thanks @gungeey 

Not only do I now know that I have the rectangular glove box light, but I have the proper orientation when mounting it top the box liner. Your side-by-side photo broke that code 

I was also able to dislodge the bulb (W 1893). But it sure doesn't glow very bright

image.jpeg.93e92a02b96ec8ffa5429dac34e39f92.jpeg

And, the bulb tested good.

On 6/6/2024 at 10:57 AM, Riviera63 said:

1963 glovebox light was round. The 1964 and 1965 glovebox lights are rectangular

So the geometric shape of the hole in the top of the glove box are different unless you put in a 1963 glove box in a 64 or 65 Riviera. You can laugh but people repurpose parts all the time.

IMG_2743.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Turbinator said:

So the geometric shape of the hole in the top of the glove box are different unless you put in a 1963 glove box in a 64 or 65 Riviera. You can laugh but people repurpose parts all the time.

IMG_2743.jpeg

Bob,

Regardless of what year govebox liner you put in what year Riviera the geometric shape of the hole is still different between a 1963 and a 1964-1965.

If you put a 1963 glovebox liner in a 1964 or 1965 it does change the shape of the hole in the glovebox. Unfortunately, It does not change the shape of the light fixture which is rectangular. The old square peg in a round hole conundrum.

Bill

Bill, I disagree because the basis for assumption is the shape of the hole for the glove  box light does change because the 63 light fixture for round the hole is essential for a good installation. In the case a 63 glove box liner is installed in a 64 Riviera youll need a 63 light and 63 crystal for neat installation. Thus the square peg in the round hole conundrum no longer exists because the 63 glove box is substituted/repurposed for the 64-65 glove box liner. People substitute parts all the time and maintain an original appearance. ( electronic ignition, security system using monetary switch, single vacuum dual port for AC ON the 63 to name a few)