1940 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery

I just picked up a 1940 Sedan Delivery in about 100 pieces. I have been looking online for photos of were and what a VIN would look like. I have a pink slip, the Fisher body tag, and presumably original motor and transmission. The outer shell looks fairly straight, but it has the Flintstone floor going on. I'm also in need of a body parts diagram to temporally put the loose parts back on so I can see what I'm missing. I appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks

There were no VIN numbers when that car was made.  The manufacturer serial number was used and on some the engine serial number was used for registration purposes.

• 1 month later...

The GM historic page was a wealth of information. Would anyone be able to point me in the correct direction. The rear door mechanism is missing on mine. The mounting holes common to the inside surface of the door are horizontally spaced 2-5/8" apart, vertical spacing is 5-1/8" apart, the two in the door jamb area are spaced vertically 3-1/2" apart. These may be for a cover of some sort but I have no reference photos or diagrams. Would this be common on another GM vehicle I can search for?

Thanks again for any guidance.

Steven

40 sedan delivery master 85 rear door latch mechanism opening.jpg